Broken marriage token

Is it OK for a daughter to wear a ring that her mothers gives her, after the father has walked out?

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 12:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• If the daughter wants to, yeah. its a family heirloom.

I have jewelry my father bought my mother and they were divorced and he's remarried. No one cares that I wear it. My stepmother even bought me some things to match my mother's sapphire ring.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Maybe instead of calling it a broken marriage token, you could call it a promise ring of some type; Like a promise to remain a family whatever shape it takes on, or a promise to always be there for her (She's probably feeling expendable).

Just an idea (I would just worry that calling it a "broken mariage token" might feel like she's carrying around the hurt and rejection, maybe feel like a burden on her finger)
    sissy15

Answer by sissy15 at 2:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes. The ring may not mean anything to your mother but she has thought of you. She feels that the ring would mean something to you. Wear it with love.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 4:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2011