Cat Tower Update

About a month ago I was asking about a good cat tower (post linked here). I just wanted to update y'all on what we got and how the cats are liking it.

1) They were climbing on it before I had it completely put together, and at least one, usually more, is sleeping on it all day. Picture below. Shade is top left, Shadow top right and Sylvrr is the gray one.

Shade's favorite perch is that top most platform. Shadow's favorite spot is the top condo. Sylvrr's favorite spot is wherever he can annoy the other two the most. Typical little brother eh? Shade and Shadow are 4 year old brothers that I adopted from a local shelter. Sylvrr is about a year old and we inherited him when we moved in.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 12:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pets

• It really shows you love your cats... I give you so much credit for putting that together..I use to have one a third the size and thought I was going to tear my hair out putting it together. I think that is the biggest cat tower I have ever seen...
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 6:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Wow, that's just amazing. Beautiful cats. :D
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• i have an all back cat named Shadow too and she looks just your Shadow
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• CUTE!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• That is one Awsome cat tower!!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It's a little wobbly when the cats start tearing up and down it so I'd like to move it into a corner for more stability, but they love it. I ordered it from Petco for about $120 (love tax returns).

And thank you too judimary. Shade is a 20 pound cat that chases Sylvrr the 10 pound cat. Shadow just kind of hides and is a 15 pound cat. For some reason I'm REALLY good at picking BIG cats. None are overweight, they're just BIG.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Oh and it's TALL. About 6 foot tall so those top three perches are out of reach of the kids (7 and 4 years old) and the top most one is even out of reach of me and I'm 5'6".
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 12:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Shade and Shadow are nearly impossible to tell apart of you don't know them. Shade is bigger, has a more square face, has tufts on his ears, his tail is bigger and he's got a small white patch on his chest about the size of a dime. He is also a friendly cat and will just chill wherever he is like you'd chill under a shady tree with a cool drink in hand, Hence his name.

Shadow is a little more flighty and most likely to hide as soon as someone knocks on the door. He's as skittish as a cloud's shadow on the ground on a windy day. He also whines at me when he wants something. Both the black ones look like mini panthers and if I hadn't gotten them from a shelter I swear they're Bombay's. They may be too, I'll never know for sure.

Sylvrr is just like quicksilver. Always tearing around the house trying to get the boys to play with him. He's the friendliest of the three and LOVES to chase you and attack your ankles if you're CONT
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• CONT ignoring him and he wants you to pet/pa attention to him. Or, if HE thinks you're ignoring him. From the bits and pieces I've gathered since moving in and inheriting him the family that was here before us was incredibly abusive overall. Whenever I start yelling at my kids for something Sylvrr is right there meowing at me looking for love and comfort. He was also pretty foot shy when he first moved in with us, he's since been cured of that.

Wow, sorry for the novel, but I love my cats as much as I love my kids and will brag on them all day if given the chance.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My cats love theirs
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 2:55 AM on Mar. 21, 2011