Zoloft during pregnancy

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and I've recently been prescribed Zoloft for my anxiety. (I stopped my depression meds when I found out I was pregnant) but my nerves have been getting the best of me! My question is, have any of you ladies taken Zoloft either while pregnant or not and how soon did it start working for you? When can I start to see an improvement in my symptoms in your experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I have taken Zoloft. I took it for approx. 1 year. It takes 3-4 weeks to get into your system. It really helped me temporarily until I could cope with some issues. The only disadvantage is it does tend to cause weight gain.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I had pretty bad anxiety before I got pregnant , but once I found out I was preggo I stopped taking my medicine (Prozac at that time). My OBGYN told me not to take Prozac but that she could prescribe me Zoloft and it was perfectly safe to take while pregnant. Luckily, my hormone changes during pregnancy took away my anxiety for the whole nine months so I didn't need any meds, but now that I've had the baby it has came back. : ( I am now on Zoloft again, and noticed a change within a week or two of taking it. Good luck!
    CamrynClaire08

Answer by CamrynClaire08 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2008