What is the best way to potty train a 18 mnth old adult content

I have been trying to potty train my little girl and its not working. I could really use some advice.

lovemonkey09

Asked by lovemonkey09 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wait a lil longer! its a lil tough at that age in my opinion.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 1:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Give it a few months and try again. It was the 3rd time trying with DD before it finally clicked with her.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Well I am haveing another baby in November and i really dont want 2 kids in diapers.
    lovemonkey09

Comment by lovemonkey09 (original poster) at 1:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It is real young and if your dd is not too interested, she will. Some babys do want to potty train at age 18 mounths (My second child). But othe two were more around age two before they were interest. But when you and her are ready there are ways to help you and incourage her..... You can reward her for going potty. Sometimes just prasing them helps. Kids like to know mommy is proud of them. Good luck, you'll know when the time is right for her.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 1:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I understand I wont pressure her she does go to the potty sometimes. But as of late she just dont like it. I hope I can have her potty trained before november. Diapers are expensive lol....Thank you all for helping me.
    lovemonkey09

Comment by lovemonkey09 (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ya know what if you do train her she will probably go backwards after the baby. I didn't worry about it. I know it gets expensive with two in diapers (you can do cloth to save money) but if she dose't get it then she is not ready. I did want my oldest trained sooner then she was but it was sooo easy when she got it!!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 1:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• :) its possible to potty train that young but it will be alot of work i'd say but try siting ur baby on the potty seat and getting a bowl of warm water and letting ur little one play in it while they r on the potty. warm watter usually makes a kid lose control of thr bladder. my mom potty trained a 2 yr old that way.
    babi_gurl19

Answer by babi_gurl19 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Wait a few more months. It really can go quite fast when they are ready for it. Google "toilet training readiness" and you might see some helpful info. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I would get some potty training books. Potty Training Your Baby and Early Start Potty Training are good. It is possible, I was pretty well potty trained at 18 monts (or so my mom says)
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 3:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Elmo's Potty Time :) Theres a doll and a DVD, my ds LOVES the dvd
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 16, 2011