Does your pets exhibit strange behavior? Mine does.

I have a 1 yr old male cat and he begs at the table. He especially likes cheese. I think he learned this begging behavior from the 13 yr old dog I had. It's strange because the cat would eat the dog food and the dog ate the cat food. Several times I've caught my dog sneaking the cat food. Sometimes the cat would eat out of the dog's bowl while he was eating! I've never seen animal behavior like that before. Maybe these animals are confused as to what type of animals they are?

My dog has passed away recently and I just have the male cat and a female rabbit. They both get along well. Sometimes when I'm changing the rabbit cage the cat will sit inside next to the rabbit. Last night after I cleaned the cage, the cat went inside for a visit. The rabbit was eating lettuce and a few moments later the cat began to eat lettuce! I've never seen him do that before. It seems the cat is trying to be like the rabbit.

blogmom

Asked by blogmom at 1:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pets

• My female cat eats plastic.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• The dog eating the cat food and vise versa is not really that strange it is actually pretty common. When I had rabbits my cats were afraid of them because one of them would actually attack the cats. I have a cat that will eat anything, she is not picky.

One of my cats will scratch plastic bags it drives me nuts. If I have a garbage bag out that I am using or I bring groceries in I have to put them away fast. It drives me nuts. I had a cat that liked to suck on my hair after I took a shower. My childhood cat was more like a dog, loved to go for cars rides and that sort of thing.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My 8 month old cat nurses on my 1 year old dog that has never had puppies. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• lol. That is too funny. I think it's just a bonding thing. The cat bonded with the dog and now that the dog has passed he's bonding with the rabbit. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Love the one you're with?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011