Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Why would a mother do this? adult content

I am going to try to make this short. Well my friends wife and him, where trying to make a baby, about 4 months ago, everything seemed fine, except the fact that he wasnt really wanting a baby right now, because she wasnt working or planning on working-- and they just couldnt afford it-- well flash forward to about a month ago-- they decided to seperate and work on their marriage, and go to counseling-- well the same day they decided it wouldnt work, she was on a plane to another state to meet some guy she had been talking too and in a relationship online for quite sometime-- her still husband, didnt know where she was, and she lied and said she was one place with a friend, and really was with this guy-- while she was there she was clearly on drugs, said she wanted to have his baby, and was having unprotected sex with him-- and got his name tattooed on her wrist-- all within 9 days of meeting face to face-- now she wants to take her son away from his father and move him in with this guy, she has only spent 9 days with, and previously only online-- who has a class a/b felony for drug abuse and possesion-- and is on probation-- He wants to fight for him-- do you think that she can take him-- he wants full costody if she plans on moving him across the U.S.A and 50/50 if she stays here-- she is determined to ship him back and forth-- this guy is a joke, and unsafe to be around kids-- and clearly has mental problems-- with very little searching I found videos on him online on drugs snorting top ramen for money-- and court records from 8 months ago of him on drugs-- Do you think any judge would allow a child to go with such an impulsive mother-- does it even matter who she has arround her kids, even if they are on probation and drugs... what would you do if you where the father...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (13)

    Answer by smiley745 at 2:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • He needs to do his research and find the best attorney for custody issues in his area. He could also get CPS involved. Depending on the state she may have him removed immediately. He also needs to do whatever he can (legally) to gather as much information as possible about this guy and about her "extra" activities. When he goes to court he needs as much ammo as possible.

    Something else is that he may want to keep track of how she talks about him (dad) to their son. I know a few years ago there was a court that ruled a mom unfit because she ran the dad's name threw the mud in front of the little ones.

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 2:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • @2murphyboys....Its called "Parental alienation " and the court system absolutely frowns on that and in some cases will put the offender is comtempt of court in some states.

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • Anon..if the daddy fights for custody of the child and they end up sharing custody, she can't leave the state without dads permission. So if she really has the hots for the other guy out of state, she very well might leave and the daddy will have the child. The dasd although as it stands, and the info I got from u, has a better then average of gaining full physical custody if the video u found on the internet of him doing drugs or what ever, and since hes a ex-felon, staying with mom is not in the best interest of the child.

    Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • I think the father should go for cussody. I think with the right laywer he would win his case as long as he is not a convicked felon. I think he has a good case. But that is my opinion. I am not a lawyer. Remember that it is the desion of the judge.

    Answer by Parka54 at 3:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • i agree with two murphy boys

    Answer by ryahzMommy at 6:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • Of course the dad should go for custody! She is obviously not in a proper frame of mind, and if she wants to move in with a guy she met online that has a drug record and she's only known him irl for 9 days, then she is clearly putting her vag before her child. Sorry, but my kids come before me any day of the week.

    Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • If he has possession of the child now then he doesn't have to give the child to her. He needs to file for divorce, full custody and child support (whether he gets it or not is not the point.)

    Answer by matthewscandi at 8:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • If I were the father I would get a good lawyer, and get full custody.

    Answer by Rachel24517 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • I hope he does all the things you say-- NO he does not have a felony- he experimented with drugs when he was younger but nothing more that, and got into the occasional young teen-age guy trouble-- the dad is an upscale guy, who has worked hard to provide for his family-- he loves his son and wants him-- he wants him to be happy and safe-- His ex-- is clearly in denile that she is doing anything wrong-- infact she is going to the other state in a week-- she told him she wants to establish herself there get a job, and an apartment and then ship her son back and forth, meanwhile posting comments like how would it look if she is pregnant with someone elses baby-- she told me once that she wanted to get pregnant so she didnt have to work-- her thing is that her son could have a better life because the cost of living is lower there, and she could get a bigger house and have a better life.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
:) so sweet

Next question overall (Entertainment)
Like smooth jazz music?