Is anyone currently on the shot instead of the pill?

I was just wondering if anyone was on the shot and if they liked it or not. I was on the pill to regulate my monthly and when that didn't help, I turned to the shot. Is anyone using both?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did one cycle of depo provera before and hated it. The thing is, I had no period from it, so it freaked me out a little because how was I able to tell if I got pregnant or not from it. Also, my mood swings were crazy, and I has like no sex drive from it.
    TinaBeena1216

Answer by TinaBeena1216 at 9:07 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• i took it for two years and my period only came once every 3 months and i gained a lot of weight from it and my period didnt come regularly after i got off of it either, so its hard to know if your pregnant when your on the shot or not because i took a pregnancy test when i thought i was and it turned up negative for like 3 months.
    greenegurls

Answer by greenegurls at 2:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I TOOK THE DEPO SHOT FOR YEARS AND LOVED BUT...BAD THING I GOT PREGNET WITH MY DAUGHTER ON IT! LOL!!!! I WAS 4MONTHS ALONG AND DIDNT KNOW CAUSE I WAS USED TO NOT HAVING MY PERIOD!! GET THAT!! ~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 9:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2008