Is my daughter a normal size??

My daughter is 2 and a hlaf years old. She is roughly 30pounds and 3ft tall. is that a normal height and weight for her age? I am 5'5 and her father is 5'9.

janiebean

Asked by janiebean at 2:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She is in the 60th percentile for weight and 75th percentile for height according to her age. As long as she does not fall below the 50th percentile normally there are not any issues.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 2:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I went onto the Baby Center website and did the growth percentile calculator on her. It looks like she's normal for a 30 month old - length (36") is in the 50th %tile, and weight (30 lbs) is in the 50-75th %tile.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Just FYI about the growth charts. They don't take into accountability growth spurts. For my son's one year check up they said he was in the 12th percentile for weight and 35 percentile for height. We had to go back to the doctor a few weeks later because he got really sick. When they weighed and measured him, we was at 50% for both. It's just a guideline. My son is now 22 months old and is the same size as your daughter. It just depends upon their growth spurt. (It doesn't hurt that my husband is 6'3", but I'm only 5'1".) As long as she's healthy. My son plays with several children that are smaller than he is, but 6 months older. Every child is different. Your daughter just may be petite.
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 2:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It seems normal to me. My oldest is 5 and he weighs 60 lbs and is 4 ft tall. My youngest, on the othe hand, seems to be smaller. He is 3 and he weighs 34 lbs and is a little over 3 ft tall.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 3:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• There is a very wide range for normal, and mostly they just want to know if the child is growing at a normal rate anyway. There isn't anything wrong with being small, or big, or anywhere in between. The doctor would let you know if your child was showing signs of growth problems.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 4:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My 28month old son is about 33lbs and around 36" tall. The doctors have told me he is right on track for where he should be.
    EtiesMommy

Answer by EtiesMommy at 5:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008