It's ME or the dog!..........warning.....very long! adult content

Ever seen the show? well this is the real life situation, only quite a bit more extreme. My SO and I have a son (2.5 years old). HE made the choice to buy a dog (a mutt yet) around the time our son was between 6 and 8 months old. Keep in mind here that I made it SUPER clear from the very first mention (just a couple weeks after we became intimate) of him wanting a dog that I hate them and NEVER wanted to EVER live with one of those things, and also that that was a HUMONGOUS deal breaker for me (meaning I could never be with a person who had one, EVER!!!!!). SO.....now here it is much later with much strife in the past and we have not had sex but once since the thing came here (shortly after, and I hate that I went through with it!!!!!!) . I can get off when I feel the need and have many times although......I have an extremely high sex drive. But.....I cannot bring myself to have sex with someone who was so incredibly disrespectful to me and basically threw a big ol' f.u and I don't care about ur feelings at me by his actions and I will NEVER forgive him EVER. The current problem is that I want another baby and I know he does too BUT......I will never have sex with him ever again unless he gets rid of the thing and FOREVER and I will need proof that it is truly gone 4ever and also a huge promise that I will not ever have to hear any crap about it l8r.I already hear crap every time I complain about it which I do VERY often and I have every right to and he just says "I love my dog so much"! Waa, waa, grow up, I could not stop him from getting IT only voice my opinion, otherwise I'd be the controlling bitch! I highly doubt that he will get rid of it now but I need to know something soon, He says all the time how he LOVES me sooooo much but it's bullshit. I demand love AND respect from any intimate partner of mine! I love him but I am so deeply hurt by his actions, there is only one way to rectify it. There is only one way, and I think it is coming time to lay it out (although I already have a few times, but he was drinking and is an alcoholic) but he NEVER remembers anything I say and I recall every word of every single convo. oh, he also just got out of rehab a few weeks ago. I know this is long but please give ur best attempt at advice. Thank you, thank you! so much!!!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 2:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Sorry..he needs a wakeup call.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• let me know if ya need help packing his bags!!! Girl there is someone waiting for you will love and respect you. This jerk doesn't
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Wow I am actually pleasantly surprised by the few responses I have received so far, and SUPER grateful for the support. I expected a bunch of nasty comments from bleeding heart animal lovers! You may very well be animal lovers........that can see the big picture. I think animals of all sorts deserve something (def. not respect as equals to us), but they serve their purpose for the weak and the weak should be respectful of that. Thankfully I have no use for the things, very strong WOMAN here. Again thank you ladies, for the much needed support.
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 3:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I agree with the other. HOwever if he just got out of rehab right now may not be the best time to do it Maybe give him a few weeks to adjust.

And hey I take offense to the part about animals being for the weak! lol I'm a strong confident independent woman who happens to LOVE dogs (cats? Not so much! lol). I just understand that just like my aversion to cats some have the same aversion to dogs! lol
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 3:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I feel like, if you were that against dogs, that you shouldn't have let him get the dog in the first place. You should have voiced you opinion. When you get a dog, everyone has to be on board.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2011