In Mark 3:29 it says "but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin". Is it true that paedophiles and child killers can be forgiven and get in to heaven but disbelievers can't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Religious Debate

• The only way to get to Heaven is through believing that Jesus Christ died for our sins, rose again 3 days later and sits at the right
    hand of God, our Father. It is up to God to judge if people truly make that commitment.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 3:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I believe everyone returns to God, regardless of what they did or didn't do/believe. The idea of a literal hell is something I find completely contradictory to character and nature of God.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• So they say...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• If they choose to believe Jesus as their Lord and Savior then yes because Jesus died for those sins .
    It is only those who choose to reject Jesus that do not get to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. Unrepented sin cannot reside in Heaven at all.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We don't know what the man next to Jesus on the cross was guilty of doing yet the bible say, "Today you shall be with me in paradise" So, yes. He believed, was forgiven, and given admittance into Heaven.
    1plustwinsmommy

Answer by 1plustwinsmommy at 10:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Deliberate, ongoing rejection of the work of the Holy Spirit is blasphemy because it is rejecting God himself. It's a heart-attitude of unbelief and unrepentance. A person who has committed this sin has shut himself off from God completely.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• That's a big incoherence I find with the Christian faith. That idea is completely inconsistent with a loving, forgiving and perfect G-d that administers perfect justice.

Sharon

momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Basically, yes. You can do nothing but good in this life, save many people, better many lives, but if you don't believe in god you are destined the deepest parts of hell.
    You can murder, torment, do nothing but hurt, and want to hurt people, but still. no-ones worse than an athiest ~rolls eyes~

Sure sounds like someone i'd want to agree with and worship /sarcasm....
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 12:15 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Wouldn't this include swearing? All of you Christians who have ever said a swear word are all going to hell then. Oh man you really screwed up, you can't be forgiven. Too bad for you. :(

blas·pheme   
    [blas-feem, blas-feem]
    verb, -phemed, -phem·ing.
    –verb (used with object)
    1.
    to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things).
    2.
    to speak evil of; slander; abuse.
    –verb (used without object)
    3.
    to speak irreverently of god or sacred things; utter impieties.

God sucks.
    mommy2myles

Answer by mommy2myles at 10:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Any sin can be forgiven if the person truly repents...other than this one that the scripture speaks of.  I really like popzaroo's explanation.  True repentance and salvation is much more than simply believing and saying a simple prayer---it's just not that simple.  If you murder someone, and just say "Oh I believe in Jesus and accept him into my heart", without a true repentant heart...you will still not gain entrance into the Kingdom.

If you don't believe in God and refuse to even speak to him, why would he ever allow you into his kingdom.  If you do nothing but speak negatively of me, don't like me, curse me, and try to convince others that I am nothing, I would not open my door for you.  Why is that so hard for people to understand?

KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 12:23 PM on Mar. 14, 2011