• In the Spotlight:

So i feel luke im not a very goood person to talk too

okk so i feel like im not a verry good person tao talk to beacause when i meet a new person or have a friend i dont know what to talk about or how to make a converstion and if i talk about something or say something the convo or watever dont last long!!!! do u get what i mean?? i feel imbarrased me posing this cause i feel a bit stupid ! really do i guess i should also put that i havent had a very good social life wen i was at school i didnt have much good friends or close for that matte of fact soo what do u sujjest for me please help me out if you can... it would be most appreacheated

Lisa_7777

Asked by Lisa_7777 at 3:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Hey Lisa, I know for some it can be difficult to make conversation. So start off talking about things you know and are passionate about. I have to make small talk all day in my line of work so I try to stay up on current events, sports, especially college football. The more you learn about things around you, the more you'll have to talk about. You'll definately learn skills on here, it's a great forum to express yourself and converse with others.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 4:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• LOL! Do you want to switch places???? I can't seem to stfu! LOL! But no in all seriousness, you can't base whether you're a good person or not, because you can't seem to expand a conversation. Please, you're nowhere near stupid. I wish I had a answer to your question. I hope someone comes along and post something helpful.
    LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 4:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Think of a lot of questions to ask people. Most people love to talk about themselves lol. Eventually they might mention something that pertains to you and then you can add to the conversation. I used to be really shy, so that's what I did until I was comfortable with a person. I don't think it's a stupid question, it's hard to vocalize things sometimes.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 4:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• hay yes i do ask questions but then again i think too myself man shut up your asking too many questions and dam i bet there sick of you questioning them but yea lol thanks ladies hope to get more interesting replys the replys hae been good soo far =) keep them going pleasee
    Lisa_7777

Comment by Lisa_7777 (original poster) at 6:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• first off, you need to stop wondering about what you THINK others are thinking of you. You're being overly paranoid that they are thinking badly of you, you need to let that thought go if you're ever going to feel good when conversating with someone.

1) be a good listener. Listen to their every word. People (usually) like to talk & they like to talk about themselves. If you listen intently, people like that. Believe it or not, but there aren't many good listeners out there. Seem interested in what they are saying & ask questions about what THEY are talking about. People love it when you are interested in what THEY have to say.

2) if you have anything that can somewhat relate to what they are talking about, bring it up. But, wait until the other person is done talking. always count to 4 before starting to talk, talking over someone sucks.

3) smile & make eye contact. Let them know they interest you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:42 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• oh yes im a grate listerner and i practually everything about you what you jsut said (samurai chica) none of that is new to me i know lol but thankyou
    Lisa_7777

Comment by Lisa_7777 (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2011