I need a new cell phone! Preferably pre-paid... I have questions lol

I've had a Straight Talk phone for about a year and it's malfunctioning like CRAZY! I'm missing calls that aren't even showing up on my ID, when people call it goes straight to voice mail and says it's full (even with NO messages, new or saved), etc. It's driving me nuts.

I have limited options around here (basically Straight Talk, maybe one GoPhone, a few Net10s and some Tracphones, but I HATE Trac with a passion). I'm trying to look online and I'll be checking Walmart and other places that carry them, but I'm looking for some opinions (yes, I'm also reading reviews online, Google is my friend lol).

If you use a prepaid phone, what kind is it? How much is it? Does your phone do videos? Is it unlimited text/calls/web (or if not, is there an option for it)? What do you like and dislike the most about the phone and the service provider?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Technology

• You should read the two posts I made earlier today about cell phone providers. Everyone chimed in with advice from prepaid to not prepaid, various phones and providers. After over 100 votes and at least 70 replies, it should help narrow some things down for you!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have a net 10 and dh has a straight talk. So far he doesnt have any problems. But sometimes my phone will do the same as what you said yours does. PLus I dont get service in some places, which is annoying. When I was younger I had a virgin mobile which I loved! But I think their plan has changed since then...I think its more expensive now....but other than that it worked great!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Check out Boost mobile is it pre paid a flat rate one time a month
    Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 4:30 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Oh, btw I posted it in the 20 Something Moms forums! GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:33 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• LOL I'm in there now,so I'll look for the post!

Oh and I'm pretty sure we don't have Boost Mobile around here. If we do, it's a new thing because we didn't a few months ago.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 4:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I use boost. 50/month for unlimited everything, and yes, even video. But since that's prob. not an option for you, check out if there's a cricket in your area, virgin mobile is really good too and cheap.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• i have straight talk too, maybe boost mobile, i think its around the same price a month as straight talk.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• when we was looking we was going to use boost but dh was able to get a plan in his name.

if you don't have boost in your area then i'm out of ideas. i didn't care for any of the others. verizon has a prepaid but i think it's kind of expensive
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 8:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I've had Straight Talk for about 15 months now and I love it. About 3 months after I started using Straight Talk I experienced some of the problems that you are mentioning, but I called them and they were able to fix it. I haven't had any trouble with it since.

Have you called customer service to see if they can do anything to remedy your problems?
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 6:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• boost mobile is awesome! where do you live? its nation wide! the phones are a little expensive but its great service there are options just depends on where you live...t-mobile also has a prepaid plan...50 a month for talk and text 60 with a so and so amount of data and 70 unlimited everything!

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011