Are your boys rough on thier jeans?

mine is, and i am ok with that, but last night i was telling a friend a needed to get my son new jeans and she said i told my son not to be rough on them or he is buying new ones. hello they are 8 and 9, I told her that was like telling the kids not to be a kid. The jeans he has had he has got some holes in the knees but that is since the beginning of the school year when i bought them so i didn;t think that was too bad.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 6:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son constantly wears the knees out of his jeans. That's just part of being a boy! I remember my brothers being the same when we were kids.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My son is tough on jeans. No matter where he goes guarentee he will return with a hole. No matter the brand he will some how cause the jeans to have a hole.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 6:42 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Very much so. Exactly why I go to the thrift store to buy more for a buck, lol.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Boys wear the knees out of jeans very quickly. Someone once told me that should stop around age 12.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:20 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No, not particularly but my brothers were! Toughskins at Sears has reinforced knees and will replace the jeans if they wear through them.

Answer by missanc at 8:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• dont haveboys, but my dd is. When she was younger she was a tomboy and they would get stained, torn, etc. Now that she is 14, she has her favs and will wear them n wash them over and over. she has like 10 or 15 pairs but still sticks with her 3 or 4 favorite pairs.
    MariJanesMomma

Answer by MariJanesMomma at 9:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• its always the left knee first, i think thats kinda funny.
    jenn4443

Comment by jenn4443 (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I constantly patched jeans for my boys. I was happy to see them active and having fun.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• yes in deed they are hard on their jeans. But i buy the one that i dont mind them playing in and the more expensive ones i only ylet them wear them if we are going somewhere wshere i know tht they wil be calm.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2011