Did anyone have irregular periods over one year after having their first child?

at first it went great after having my daughter, but then my monthly hasn't turned regular. I went to the doctors and they couldn't find anything wrong with me and gave me a run around. So now I'm on the shot. Did anyone else have the same problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have had very irregular periods ever since having kids. The only time my period is regular is when I am on Ortho pills. If you are breastfeeding that affects it too
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 2:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Hi! you know, we have the same problem. I thought im menoupause already and I told my cousin about it. She just laugh and said " maybe you have a hormonal inbalance that's why your menstrual period is not normal. And maybe this is your problem too. Better check it with your gynecologist.
    momijing

Answer by momijing at 2:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• My period was very irregular for forever. But that's because I nursed for forever, lol. Sorry I can't be of any help. Don't do what I did, though... I always thought I was pregnant and wasted a bunch of money (dollar store pregnancy tests are The Awesome, btw) on tests because I was always "late."
    CreativeSpirit

Answer by CreativeSpirit at 10:10 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• never had a regular cycle myself. doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. don't freak out. i'm fine.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:57 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• yea i never had a regular period after my son was born up till november last year and he is two now. it might just be the shot. because i was on it too. and it doesnt go back to being regular after you get off of it either.
    greenegurls

Answer by greenegurls at 2:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2008