what would you do if you had a woman who is always following you around and completely change the way she dresses to dress exactly like you do and start to wear makeup like yours and dress her children the way you dress yours and also try to get her kids in the same class as your kids please answer tihs ?im at my ends i dont know what to do??/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Id get a restraining order.

Answer by gemgem at 2:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• While imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, this is stalking.

Get to know this woman a LOT less. Take her off your social calendar.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• YIKES! How irritating. I would definitely talk to her and explain how you are feeling about the situation. Maybe she'll lay off a little bit if you just speak kindly to her about it. Otherwise, you might have to take some other action beyond that, like gemgem said, get a restraining order.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 2:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• BEEN THERE ~ she even dyed her hair color the same as mine same cut, she would ask my dd where'd your mom get that dear ( clothes,toys) whatever I finally just asked her wth? she said she liked my style & I told her we'll your kinda freakin me out! she laughed so did I, she backed off she said she didn't realize it had gotten out of hand :) ~ but it's creepy for sure!

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Have you called her on it? I would be pretty freaked out myself.. but maybe she's not doing it to be creepy.. maybe she just looks up to you, like a sister even. But if it's making you uncomfortable, I'd just cut off all communication from her. If you see her, say hi, but just walk away. Don't let her into your life anymore than she already is.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 3:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i would start dressing like a weirdo haha and have fun with it
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Do you feel comfortable approaching her about this? Sometimes calling someone on their repetitive behavior is enoughh to make them stop. If she persists then perhaps you shoud look into a restraining order from her. I'd suggest making your personal agenda a lot more secretive and going out of your way if the need be to avoid events and areas you know she will be at.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 3:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• thats a lil unrealistic i dont think so, i think your taking this to another level,
    im sure she isnt trying to look just like you,
    but when she talks to your kids thats final!

i wouldnt allow anyone i didnt like to talk to my kid, i would tell her to back up and watch her step
    dont talk to my kids...and call the police and inform the school
    Anonymous

• Well, your question doesn't state that she has done anything directly to you at all....she hasn't approached you or your kids....So, I don't think you can get the police involved or anything like that. I would tell the school you don't want her kids in your kids classes maybe....at least not for next year. Has anyone heard her say anything about it? Or could it be that she is just trying to be accepted and she sees you as successful in your community? Still a bit creepy, no matter how you look at it.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 4:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Feel flattered you still have style after having kids. I know if someone imitated me, I'd be flattered and extremely pleased.
    meitaimom679

Answer by meitaimom679 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2008