I am so glad it is spring break but it seems my youngest(8 year old) is constantly getting sick

in February she had strep throat, on Valentine's Day she had the flu. and now she is back to coughing, sounds hoarse and has a runny nose at different times praying it does not go back into strep. she seems to be the one who gets strep a lot. she was also the one who always had ear infections during teething or when she had a cold as a baby. I am thinking she has a weak immune system. Oldest gets sick it is like a cold or the flu for 24 hours. I know this hot cold weather does not help either. we went from the 60's to the 20's. and we are now in the 40's and will be going up to almost 70 next week. Does anyone else have a child who seems to be the only one who is always sick? i wish i could do something for her. I try to make sure they eat right , vitamins etc. i feel like i am not doing enough

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 8:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Health

• I think its just that time of year, both my kids have been sick too.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• is it possible she has seasonal allergies? my 2 year old does and with the pollen count being up, she is attached to her nebulizer getting breathing treatments because her airways swell up on her. your weather pattern sounds like mine.. do you live in FL?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It could be allergies, it could be not having enough vitamin C, or it could just be all the stuff she is exposed to at school. I am a special ed teacher, and in our district, the schools are so small that they cannot afford and do not have the need necessary to run a full special ed department at every school so I go to multiple schools daily. This is the first year my schedule has been like this, and I can tell you I have been sick more than I ever have in my life this year!

I would try some of the vitamin C drops or any of the immune boosting things they have on the market, and just encourage her to wash her hands frequently during the day to try to minimize what she brings home with her. Good luck mama!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I am in Indiana our weather changes so much. i hate seeing my kids sick so much. i want her to enjoy spring break not be sik the whole time. the only time she seems healthy is in the summer when away from school.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2011