Pregnant running fever...

I recently went into preterm laber, and on my release papers it stated 2 consult my dr if i ran a fever over 100 degrees, I have been sick and am running about 102/103 degree fever. should I make an appt? or is there another reason the paper said that...

sarahlu

Asked by sarahlu at 8:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call your OB, you could just be getting sick with a virus or cold but if your paper said to call I would call. They may just want to double check you and make sure its nothing pregnancy related. Better safe. Good lUck!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Def. Caall your ob. Running a fever is never good for baby. Infection can cause a whole lot of problems, including preterm labor. Good luck to you and I hope you get to feeling better soon!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• call your ob...My girls just got over being sick, but because I am mom I was the one that had to care for them DH was at work. I called the office to find out what I needed to do if I would catch it. They said if I got a fever I needed to come in right away because a fever can affect the baby if it gets to high.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• If your dischargepaper say to call you dr if you runa fever over 100 degrees than you should call your dr.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• no matter who, you call if you hit over 100 while preggers.
    asil

Answer by asil at 3:55 AM on Mar. 14, 2011