Do you play music/videos for your baby on your iPod?

I have an eight month old daughter who LOVES watching Special Agent Oso and Yo Gabba Gabba. I downloaded a few episodes on my iTouch for her to watch while we were on the road or on days I took her to work with me. I was having a problem with placing the iPod somewhere where it would be safe so I created sort of a pouch that attaches to her crib, stroller and carseat. I submitted my product idea to Quirky.com and have been receiving mixed reviews.

Am I the only mom out there who allows her baby to use her iPod? I mean, there are tons of apps, even free ones from Fisher Price targeting babies! Would you allow your baby to watch her shows on something like this? - http://www.quirky.com/ideations/55283

BabyJLoOnTheWay

Asked by BabyJLoOnTheWay at 9:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is two and we use the digital copies of movies like Toy Story 3 for my husbands Ipod Touch. We take it out when we are out in public and he starts to misbehave because he is tired or hungry. It helps him relax a bit and keeps him entertained. Usually it is just for a few minutes at a time. So I would allow it, you just have to make sure it's not an all the time thing.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think it's a great idea.
    I don't think alot of people use their Ipod with their children though, and that is most likely why it's not getting high reviews.
    Smart thinking though and very creative.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My DH lets my 4 year old watch videos on his Ipod touch. But she has to be sitting down, she can't wander around with it. I will occasionally plug my Nano into my stereo and let her flip through and change the music. But again, she's not allowed to wander with it. We worked hard to be able to have a little bit extra for nice things like that. Heck, I'll even let her play a few games on my new android phone, as long as she's sitting down nicely.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:42 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I love it. I know Harmony love her grandma's ipad and ipod lol
    mygirlymonkeys

Answer by mygirlymonkeys at 11:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We listen to kid's folk music on Pandora via our iPod, but we don't let her watch shows or videos other than the occasional baby signing videos. My daughter would love to play with our iPod or our iPhones but we don't let her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Thank you everyone for your responses!
    BabyJLoOnTheWay

Comment by BabyJLoOnTheWay (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2011