Has anyone ever gotten the father of their child to sign over all his rights?

i have read that when you go to court (we have not been to court yet-backed up-busy court system) i heard the judge usually does not let a father sign over rights unless another man in life of child to take place as father figure and supporter

any truth to that? anything i need to know before ... if and when... iwere to put that on table as offer when he-childs father knows that he will have to pay support 17%, he will not want to pay this, and court will make him, but would take zero from him, if i did not have to have him in daughters life (he is kind of scary-long story)
he MAY sign over rights to save himself 600-700 dollars a month for 15/16 years

suggestions? thoughts? advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• The judge doesn't care where his priorities are. The child needs to be cared for by his/her father as well as his/her mother. If your worried about your child's health and welfare while in their father's care you can have supervised visits set up, hopefully the judge will agree to that. But, rights to a child usually come down to money (child support.)
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I havent, but my best friend has done this and it is true a judge will not allow him or you to TPR unless there is someone else willing to be the "father". One reason is because what happens if you die? They also give lots of chances for someone to be a parent and hope theyll change. My best friend finally did get a TPR but only bc she was remarried, her husband had been there since the baby was born (now 8 yrs old) and dad had never once visited. If you want to do this then I would talk to someone you might trust, and see if they would want to raise the baby with you.

Answer by gemgem at 9:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• if i get a document that states all right are done and have him sign it
    i know this will not be a done deal, and not even legal, but will it show to court where the fathers priorities are?

then when court comes up and the judge sees that he will sign over rights to get out of paying money for support
    will this help the judge see that he should not have alone time with her
    ** also have journal with daming things about him, also a therapist willing to testify about his 'lack of sexual boundaries"
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I WISH I CAN GET MY KIDS FATHER TO SIGN OVER HIS RIGHTS BECAUSE HE IS A WORTHLESS PEICE OF CRAP...I HAVE TWO...A BOY AND A GIRL AND DONT BOTHER WITH EITHER SO HE CAN GO TO HELL...IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO GET A FATHER TO SIGN HIS RIGHTS OVER PLEASE LET ME KNOW...
    lena695

Answer by lena695 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2011