Is this Japan disaster going to affect our gas prices anymore?

Not that I dont care, its really just a question...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont think it will? I was watching last night and the news was debating about it but it seemed the main consensus was it wasnt going to matter, what is happening in Libya however will continue to raise prices.

Answer by gemgem at 9:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• People would care if the gas prices rise up more. The disaster might contribute to high gas prices. According to the Department of Energy Weekly retail gasoline prices skyrocketed to $3.19 a gallon. One can feel happy is that atleast one is safe...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• ANU, has prices where I live at approx 3.59-3.65 a gallon for reg. So if prices around your place are 3.19 ya better fill up NOW
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• gas*
    Anonymous

• lmao no kidding I am paying $3.52 a gallon

Answer by gemgem at 9:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Actually-the price of oil is declining (according to the news) because of this so our prices will go down- Japan was the #3 importer and some refineries are damaged- they will not be importing as much for a while- think of it this way- the #3 client is out of commission for a while- demand is down so prices will go down-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

***
    It's sad what is happening/about to happen in Japan, but what soyousay mentions is true. My concern lies in will Japan call in their IOU's and start the domino effect of toppling the financial house of cards so many countries are precariously balanced on?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Maybe China will come to their aid. China has set itself up to own everyone they can. Why not Japan? I pray for Japan.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• of course it will
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:17 PM on Mar. 12, 2011