How long will it take for the radiation from Japans Nuclear Plant explosion to hit here in the U.S.??

I wonder (doubt) that we will be told the amount of radiation increase that we will be effected with here in the USA when it gets here. It will travel the entire planet & it's scary to say the least. We won't even be notified either like when Chernobyl melted down. I am concerned since we probably will never know, are you??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Health

• Here is a website that is worth watching this week.

http://www.radiationnetwork.com/RadiationNetwork.htm

confused969

Answer by confused969 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I'm concerned but there's nothing I can do about it.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Nope, not worried in the least. I'm in PA, the Three Mile Island melt down was larger and more dangerous than Chernobyl was, and it happened just 5 hours from where I am now... Do I think it had NO effect on us here? Of course not, it's a part of the reason I believe we have such high rates of cancer in PA compared to other states. But we aren't looking at a world wide blanket of radiation as you seem to believe. It DOES diminish. It's called radiation because it radiates from a center point, and by definition it thins the further from the center... Besides, what are we going to do about it? I prefer not to waste my time or energy worrying about things which are out of my control.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I don't have tv so I don't know anything that is going on and I hate to read the news. I worry about everything so I do worry about all the people that are getting hurt from this but I can not do anything about what might happen. I just think we should not worry because I can not afford any more facial cleaner for when my face breaks out.
    jgreene92

Answer by jgreene92 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• If it out time to go then I'm at peace and I know that I will go to a good place.. But I'm not going to worry about it.. I live each day to the fullest. I feel sorry for the 9,500 people in Japan that are gone..
    AJMcGuire

Answer by AJMcGuire at 11:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have been reading about it this morning and this is serious.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• might be a good idea to buy gas mask maybe? I don't know I wish our world didn't have to deal with these catastrophes
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 4:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Got this from facebook, http://www.collapsenet.com/free-resources/collapsenet-public-access/item/694-emergency-action-alert-–-pacific-coast-of-north-america-should-brace-for-radioactive-fallout
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 10:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No I am not worried. I am happy and healthy today, my kids and dh are as well, its supposed to be sunny & warm and I will make the most of today and not worry about tomorrow. If it is our time to go theres nothing I can do to control it. Why worry? You are not in control after all.
    As for when it would hit, who knows? Again it seems they are distributing iodine tablets now as a precaution in Japan. If it spreads far enough it will likely hit Hawaii and CA before anyone else. Follow the Tsunami path. I already told dh if it gets that way Ill be calling my CA family and theyll stay with us. I have a 5 bdrm and only use 3, so we have room.

Answer by gemgem at 10:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I can't afford to panic. I will just keep watching the news and take whatever measures I can when I can.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2011