S/O of Anon's "Fat Fat" Question

I work with a girl (she's white, her kids are mixed, don't know if it makes a difference) and she has lots of photo albums of her kids on FB. Half of them are called 'Sexii Babies." I don't understand why anyone would refer to their child as sexy. Is this like a common thing in cities? (I also live in Maryland and she calls her daughter FatFat Girl. Except Girl is spelled with a 'u' and a bunch of 'r's'

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 9:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think it is normal to refer to your children in that way. My sister called her DD pat pat girl--b/c she was a very chunky baby.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm betting it's an upbringing thing. I remember working with a young lady that called her daughter "hawt momma" . I remember her stating, "just like your momma".
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 9:48 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Oh, classy. Yeah, this girl isn't exactly mom of the year. She had her daughter just because she 'wanted another baby because raising my son was home.' Yet still lived at home, could hardly ever see her 'man' because he lived in 'B-more' and neither of them had a car...and as soon as she got pregnant stopped working because she had a miscarriage BEFORE her son was born.

The scary thing is, both of her children were planned. She planned to have her son after getting pregnant unexpectedly and miscarrying...and realized it might be a 'good time.'

*eye roll*
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm sorry, raising my son was fun, not home, lol.
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It might be how they are raised coupled with who they hang around with.

btw I also knew a girl like that lol. She had a 13 mth old son and decided as a single mom in a studio apartment with cockroaches on a part time waitress income she wanted a 2nd baby and no baby daddy in the pic. So she told me she had her friends bf over who was also her friend and gave him some drinks and had sex knowing she was ovulating to have a baby, then never told him. I was like huh?

Answer by gemgem at 9:57 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I wouldn't want to associate with her.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ugh!

And when she told us, it was like she was DARING us to say something about her choice because she knew hubs and i were waiting to have another baby since our son wasn't planned.

Its like, do you want a round of applause or something?! WTH!
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ya know I have often wondered that same thing! When I lived in Miami I heard that a lot!! That word should NEVER be used when referring to babies or kids.!
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 3:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I hear it more often then I'd like. I think it's stupid, quite frankly. On a similar note, my husband uses the word sexy to refer to animals. He's quite an animal person, he has 3 cats, and works in an animal hospital. I can't count how many times he is telling me a story about work, and starts talking about this "sexy dog" or whatever. I can't stand it. I always argue with him, and tell him that sexy is not the right word in that situation. I ask him, does the dog make you horny? Do you want to have sex with it? No? THEN IT'S NOT SEXY!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2011