Spin off...do you think think "planned" and "unplanned" is a cut and dry, black and white issue, or is there some gray area?

Someone asked a question yesterday about whether our pregnancies were planned or unplanned, but two of mine I think fell into the "gray area".

With my first, I had fertility issues so she was extra super planned.

With my second, I did not want to go through the nightmare of fertility issues that I experienced with my first, and we planned to foster to adopt. When we got our license, I found out I was pregnant. So yes, I definitely wanted a child, desperately, but I didn't think it would happen biologically. Planned or unplanned? Which would it be?

With my third, we wanted more children and had planned to start TTC when our baby was out of diapers, but ended up conceiving in the potty training process. I guess that makes her a month or two ahead of the "plan", but does that make her unplanned?

Feel free to give your honest opinions, because, honestly, it doesn't matter now! LMAO! I wanted my children and have them whether they fit the definition of planned or not, but I'm curious about what everyone's take would be?

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:51 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think they were planned. You wanted them and hoped for them.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 11:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think if you were having unprotected sex (w/o condoms or bc pills) then they do sort of fall into the the if it happens it happens which means you knew the consequences which in a way make them planned. I hope that makes sense.

Mine was unplanned--we weren't trying and we were doing the family planning method and I ovulated earlier than I should have.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:55 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• not every one conceives easily, in my book planned is when you want to conceive a child. So if you stop using protection in hopes it will happen, then that's planned. if you are planning to have a child and trying, that's a planned child. you don't always know when you are going to succeed.
    my last pregnancy was very unplanned, but very wanted. I wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant, but when it turned out I was I was very happy. when my husband found out he was happy, not prepared but happy. That pregnancy was not planned but very wanted. it ended in a miscarriage and we were both sad.
    Though I think it's best for a child to be planned, as long as the child is wanted, I don't think it really matters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• all of mine were in the grey are. my oldest is from the honeymoon. I dont like to plan anything, but we knew we wanted kids so we let nature take its course.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 5:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2011