Do you think we have a monitor in chief?

If you haven't figured out by now, that this man is completely incompetent for the job of POTUS, what exactly will it take?

President Obama held a news conference today and assured Americans that he's "monitoring" gas prices, Qaddafi and budget negotiations

Obama said US authorities would "monitor any possible manipulation in the oil markets," and said he's asked Holder to "monitor for price gouging." He offered a vague promise that his administration was "encouraging off shore exploration and production," but quickly quoted wealthy wind energy investor T. Boone Pickens ... "This is one emergency we can't drill our way out of."

When asked whether he was concerned Qaddafi may have the firepower to defeat the rebels, Obama responded, "I am concerned, absolutely...the world is watching." Obama added that NATO is having a "series of conversations" that includes "24 hour surveillance so that we can monitor the situation on the ground." He insisted that "we are slowly tightening the noose on Qaddafi," but offered little evidence how.

As the national debt continues the climb further past $14 trillion, the President seemed most detached when talking about budget negotiations, merely calling it "an appropriations task." Just after a member of his own party, WV Senator Joe Manchin (D), blasted him for "failing to lead" on spending cuts, the President had only this to say... "We have been in very close contact with all members of congress both parties... what I've done is every day I talk to my team I give them instructions in terms of how they can participate in the negotiations... both sides are going to have to sit down and compromise on prudent cuts somewhere between what the republicans were seeking that's now been rejected and what the democrats had agreed to that has also been rejected. It shouldn't be that complicated." It's not that complicated if you're watching from the sidelines.

http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/11/spectator-chief#ixzz1GOlMq8y0

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He's a "wait and seer" JUST like his pacifist supporters!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Hmmmm . . . well, if we were to take all power away from the rest of the governmnet and the people, we would be left with a leader who could actually make cuts happen on his own accord.

But, then, we'd leave our doors open for a Qaddafi. Is that what we are wanting here?

The real problem is our party system. Stupid politicians vote against things purely because the "party" is demanding it. What kind of ludicrousness is that?

I, for one, am sick of seeing our country divided into teams and watching uneducated folks vote based on them.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I watched his speech (kinda) and some of the things he said really were non answers or didnt help. My husband laughed because he said something along the lines of tax cuts or whatever for businesses improving the economy and creating jobs which means those with jobs are benefitting and could get gas. My husband was like so screw everyone else? Oh and how he had given some tax breaks to the people and they should use that to help themselves out. Totally out of touch with reality. We got a bigger tax return this year BUT its all gone. It went to past debt that racked up because as my son says "This economy is craptastic".

Answer by gemgem at 10:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• ".... he's asked Holder to "monitor for price gouging...." This struck me as strange. Does he automatically assume that the 'evil oil company' is gouging? Is this the reason the price of gas is up? What about the unrest in the ME and the oil speculators causing the rise. How about PBO and his 'green team' thinking this is just what is needed to get us to use electric cars and solar energy even though there isn't one single country on earth that can get all its power needs from wind and solor (not even Holland). What about the fact he wanted Bush to release the oil reserve when he was Sen. Doublespeak. It is all doublespeak

http://articles.cnn.com/2008-08-04/politics/campaign.wrap_1_energy-plan-mccain-and-obama-drilling?_s=PM:POLITICS

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:33 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We shouldn't expect a good economy again for another 8 years, unfortunately, no matter who is in office. There is too much repair work to be done. Expecting anything different would be unrealistic.

We have indicators that thing "might" be turning around, but that does not mean "good".

US has made a decade of extremely bad decisions, and we, indiviuals, are resonsible too. We racked up our credit, bought homes that were too expensive . . spent, spent, spent . . . our government did the same.

Now we are paying the price.

Hunker doen, folks. No matter who you elect in, it will be a hrad, bumpy ride for the next 8 as we pay the piper.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• The oil companies are doing this on purpose. They want Obama out of office, and know that if they tank the economy, which these high prices will do, people will blame it on Obama and get a "supporter" in office. Being that alot of "supporters" have oil interest they will then be able to not worry as much about reform and investigation.

Oil companies hate democrats . . . and they don't care about us minions that they are bankrupting with these 4 dollar prices. They are making record profits, and their friends and family will not be hurting in the pocket, whatever they do.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:41 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Imagination, what was that you said about uneducated voters?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm monitoring gas prices, too, though I'm doing it more locally. I suspect all of us are doing that. We don't need a monitor. We don't need a president who votes 'present', which is what I perceive him to be doing on this and many other issues.

We need a doer. Will we get a doer after the next election? I don't know yet, but I'm already praying.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

***
    This, I can believe, but is everything going to "magically" repair itself under Obama's or the next candidate(s) merely by assuming the role and taking office?! Or, do you think PERHAPS, whomever the president is, they should be ESTABLISHING and IMPLEMENTING a clearly VIABLE plan for recovery that will ACTUALLY materialize some 8+ years down the road?!

You see Obama has FAILED to lay the GROUNDWORK necessary for an actually recovery!! Reagan did, and a couple years later we were reaping the benefits of his economic strategies. We're now in Obama's 3rd year as president, and he has done NOTHING to pull us out of this nosedive this country is in!! THAT is the problem, and the MAJOR differences between him and Reagan.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Hmmm, now we are ALL uneducated voters :( It's been my experience that folks who aren't educated really don't give a damn about politics or voting. I may have made some poor choices over the years but the older I get the smarter, maybe a better choice of name calling could have been “inexperienced” voters.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2011