Aren't you glad progressive/liberals wanted to "tone down" the rhetoric?

The Wisconsin protests have been chock full of comparisons of Republicans to the worst elements in history, threats to reporters and counter-protesters, mean-spirited rantings, and police-defying stormings of government buildings. Now, we get actual, specific threats to lawmakers and their families. Congratulations liberals! You've really shown you can step it up from Palin's "targeted" congressional districts!

This, of course, is hardly the first bit of menacing done by these unruly thugs who had been occupying the WI Capitol for weeks. Let's take a stroll down memory lane ...

• WI Democratic Representative threatens the life of female Republican after budget vote, "You're f***ing dead!"

• U.S. Rep. Michael Capuano (D-MA) rallies the crowd, "Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary."

• Protester threatens to break the neck of a Fox News reporter.

• WI rally full of hateful signs, targets, and threats.

• Micheal Moore proclaims, "This is war!"

• Jesse Jackson says that there will be a rebellion.

• Protesters: Chris Christie is a terrorist who would shoot workers.

• Freedom Works activist roughed up by union thug.

And for a nice little peaceful video

http://nation.foxnews.com/politics/2011/03/11/wisconsin-after-action-report-look-back-lefts-hate-and-violence

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I am in WIsconsin and the rally's and protests are very PEACEFUL!!! Instead of listening to Fox News watch a reliable source like CNN or MSNBC. Fox News are MAJOR contributors to Scott Walker and the Republican party.

BTW, THe Republicans in Wisconsin, LIED, CHEATED, BROKE THE LAW this entire time. Scott Walker is a college drop out all because Marquette University banned him from ALL student government activities for practicing illegal campaigning while he was running for student governement president. So he threw a temper tantrum and dropped out. He is a college drop out yet he called the Democrats uneducated and lazy.

If you aren't in Wisconsin and don't know what is really going on, please don't comment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have friends in WI and they do not completely agree with you.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• But, carpy, these people don't think they used 'hateful rhetoric'. They think anything they said was justified. It is the typical narcissist personality. The 'you are wrong and I'm always right' trait of a narcissist.

9. Behaves arrogantly and haughtily. Feels superior, omnipotent, omniscient, invincible, immune, "above the law", and omnipresent (magical thinking). Rages when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted by people he or she considers inferior to him or her and unworthy.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_traits_of_a_narcissist#ixzz1GOpeQgYW

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Scott Walker is a college drop out all because Marquette University banned him from ALL student government activities for practicing illegal campaigning while he was running for student governement president. S

Do you have proof to back up this claim?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My cousin lives in WI. He is a member of the socialist org who protested there. His tone in emails, facebook, and videos on his blog have NOT been peaceful.

Op, the left only wanted to make TP and the right look bad when they called for civility. They are so full of lies. Jesse jacson called for a revolt. It was horrible when the right said that. So horrible that the MSM aired Bachman, Palin, to highlight their violent tone. Are they doing the same for the left? Hell NO. Lying hypocrites. The left called for the civility. The left is giving free passes to their side.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm sure the people who have received the threats, which are well documented I might add, feel like everything is peaceful. Nothing like a peaceful death threat to kick off your weekend. It's all good as long as it itsn't crosshairs on a district map from a Conservative.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:37 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It is from an article from MARQUETTE UNIVERSITY, I am sure you can find it on line.

BTW, I believe NOTHING from Fox News

THe Republicans have done their fair share of the same things you are accusing the Dems of doing. There are more and more people in Wisconsin who are against Scott Walker and what he has done.

How responsible is it when the Republicans call for a vote at 3:30 but take the vote at 3:20 when not everyone is present? The doors are locked so those who needed to vote couldn't get in the chambers? This is the 2nd times the Republicans have done this.

If you agree with underhanded ways, then good luck with you.

BTW, Walker being a college drop out is common knowledge in Wisconsin,something you would know if you lived in Wisconsin!!!!!

Again, if you don't live here, can't watch RELIABLE sources, then don't comment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• And I like how the Republicans "broke the law." When were the police out looking for the Republicans to bring them to work?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:39 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My family lives in Wi can tell me they are not peaceful. In fact my aunt is very liberal, we get into arguments all the time over politics lol. Thank God I love the woman! Anyway she told me she did not agree with the protesters and how they were acting. She was in her 20s back in the 60s and a Hippy and she said she doesnt like what shes seeing. Shes all for peaceful protests, but not this.

Answer by gemgem at 10:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• tyfry, welcome to P and CE, around here we don't demand other people back up our claims.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2011