My husband served in militart about 6 years ago and

He has seen some really messed up shht and he doesn't talk about it at all. He only said a few things to his friend cause he was going over sea and he was giving him a heads up on what he might see and to let him know to try and not let it affect him... Well we watched a movie last night and it was military and when a soldier was talking about his platoon and how they were all killed how it wasn't fair that he came home and how young they all were. My husband began to shake, it wasn't bad and he had no emotion on his face he jsut shook. I know that he lost a couple people while he was there and I know that it affected him but he doesn't talk about it and I don't push the subject. What could be wrong with him? I know that sometime he gets angry when he see stuff and he walks outside in a fit of anger and lets it out( pacing back and fourth our he goes to the shoot range to relax with 1000 rounds.) What do you think is wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Post traumatic stress disorder.  If he does not want to talk, don't force it. 

Answer by louise2 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I asked him if he wanted to talk to someone and he doesn't want too.. It is free for him to go to out local VA office and get it but he said he doesn't need it. I know the things he has seen wasn't pleasant and that if anyone who isn't strong enough to handle it would probably go mad. I just hope that it isn't going to worsen.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• it could be PTSD
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 10:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2011