Why do they get up early on Saturday???

My 7 yo is hard to wake up 5 days a week.

Saturday and Sunday morning she is up at 5:30am. Why??

How does her body know it is Saturday and not a week day?

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 10:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Its a conspiracy. Mine do the same thing UGH
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm wondering the same thing about myself. Stayed up late, nothing to do today, and I'm up early as can be. WHY?!?!?!?
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I know what you mean. i have to fight to get the girls up at 6 am Mon-Fri and it takes forever but this morning they were out of bed at 630 im like geeze
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 10:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• LOL idk but when you find out let me know. My dd is 6 and is always fighting me during the week to get out of bed, then Saturdays shes in my room by 6am asking for cereal and what were doing today lmao.

Answer by gemgem at 10:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ya coz the kid is smart & know she doesn't have a school on Saturdays'. Hence can spend the day as per her own wish...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:32 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• They know they don't have to go to school in the morning. They go to bed knowing they won't have to wake up to the rush of getting ready to go to school lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 10:33 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• mine actually slept in this morning but usually he is up at 630 even at the weekends.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Kids love weekends and getting up early. Sleeping late they feel like they miss stuff. Don't you remember when you were a kid? I was the first one up every day. My parents hated it. lol
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 10:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It's annoying but the best I can figure its the same as it is with me. Our usual wakeup time is 7 am, I was up at 720, and then one son up at 730, and the other 745. Our bodies get into the routine and they say its actually best to not mess with your sleeping patterns too much so that you don't develop sleep issues.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My daughter wakes up before me most days. And then she wakes up her brother who loves to sleep. They're with their dad this weekend and they do the same thing over there. I swear that girl knows I barely sleep and does it just to be evil most days. even when she knows she can sleep in. Drives me nuts. I like my sleep.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 11:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2011