Receding gums

I have one tooth that the gums have receded down to almost nothing,I dont know what to do I have no insurance and no money to spend to see a dentist,I'm afriad I will lose that tooth if something isnt done fast. What is it like to get a gum graft done? I dont have any pain I'm just worried about it and I have braces on. I haven't seen my ortho either cause our work went to dust. I'm hunting for fulltime work so I can get on top of my teeth and get things done but in the meantime is thier anything I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Health

• I don't have the answers for you, but I'm dealing with this too now. It's definitely because of the braces, I just had mine taken off a couple years ago and since then my gums on my bottom teeth have greatly receded. My mom had a gum graft done last year, her gums receded, but not from braces. They took tissue from the top of her mouth and stitched it into her gums. She had soreness, mostly on the top of her mouth. I don't know what you can do in the meantime either. My dentist isn't making a big deal over mine, even though it looks serious to me. Good luck, I hope you get the answers you need.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• So sorry no idea...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• if you let it go yes the tooth will eventually fall out. can you get med assisstance from the welfare office til you find a job?
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I would but I need my birth certificate which is dumb I think sinc eI do have a ss card and dl. State is making it hard to do anything.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Mar. 12, 2011