Is your family book crazy?

My family is book crazy, we have book selves 2 deep and literally in piles around the house. We have the complete woks of Shakespeare hard bound just because if you are going to own a lot of books you need those. We have fiction and bios and reference and self help, we have bunches of Bibles and and some collectors and TONS of kids books (although I will have to admit I reluctantly gave away a lot of preschool books) and LOTs and LOTs of literature. We cannot seem to pare them down. (Although with kindle *I* havent brought anymore books in the house) We both come by it honestly my mom has boxes of books she just can't part with and she and dad have full bookshelves. Dh mom has books everywhere too.

I go into other people houses and some dont even HAVE bookshelves! Are you book crazy too?

pammomof9

Asked by pammomof9 at 10:49 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely! I love my book shelves. If I had my way, I'd have a wall of shelves with one of those little ladders that move, like the library! Neither of my girls have internet service at their house, so they are constantly reading.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'd say I'm book crazy. In the spare bedroom I have some shelves of books. I enjoy reading.
    downsznmomof4

Answer by downsznmomof4 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I love to read and have tons of books. I am always ordering from chritstian book distrbutiors or going to bookstores. I have passed that down to my girls as well and they love to read as much as I do.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We homeschool and so we have enough books to create a small library. I love books and have collected them for years. We have 8 bookshelves in our home and we are really needing more.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Books are my passion. I love to read and use the library and thrift stores. I could use more shelves, also!
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 12:02 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No, I'm the only one into reading books. Well, I'm teaching my son to be into it too.

I used to dream of having a house that had it's own library in it, but it doesn't really interest me anymore. I don't buy books for myself. I want to read something, I get it from the library That's what it's there for. I see little sense in spending money on a book that I'm going to read once. Now for my son it's a different story, I do buy him books, because he'll at least read (or have them read to him I should say) over and over.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes!! We both LOVE reading, although we get most of our books from the library. I really don't like to read books more than once so I can't see spending the money on them when I can get them for free. My son on the other hand will read the same stories over and over again so I buy many of his books.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We are a book reading family but my aunt and I have the biggest collections going. I have books everywhere and I love going to Half Price books. I always find a book to add to my collection for about 1-2 bucks. My mother loves her cookbooks and her self help books. We also have true crime, urban legends, sports, Dungeons and Dragons (My dads stuff), I have books on Wicca, Numerology, vampires and werewolves. I read just about anything and everything.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 11:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011