How much does your family spend a month?

Including
gas
rent/house payment
groceries
clothes
electricity
water
internet
cable
cell
gym
personals
house/cell phone
and any other expenses you can think of.

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 10:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• I just did a detailed budget for us to figure out how much my DH needs to make at his new job...

Our total for everything but food & clothes came to about $1450
    We don't by clothes every month, so I don't know how to factor that in. But we usually spend about another $400-$500 a month on food.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We spent around $1100 on bills (house, electric, water, cable, internet, etc).

Groceries around $500

Extra curricular for the kids $100 a month or so (not including thing they need once or twice a year for uniforms etc usually add another $250 every six months to replace things).

Gas for the cars (at $3.52 gallon) $160 a month.

Clothes around $150-can go up when switching seasons

Home supplies (cleaning, dog food etc) $100 a month.

Answer by gemgem at 10:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• roughly $3,100 a month. that's everything but clothes, which we don't buy every month.

you're going to get different answers due to cost of living is different everywhere. while in Ky, my grocery bill was only $200 a month, here in Va, it went up to $300 a month.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• gas: we pay between 50-100 a month depending on how much we have since that bill is kinda behind.

rent/house payment: we own our house it has 3 bedroom it is a pretty big house we pay 400 a month
    groceries: we pay about 300 if that a month on groceries for 4 people

clothes: clothes I don't buy monthly I buy as needed and haven't had to lately.

electricity: 50 a month

water: water is a little high about 80 that is water, sewer and trash, but we have leak in the bathroom that needs fixed

internet: 19.95 a month

cable: 56 a month

cell: no home phone only cell 45 a month (straight talk unlimited)

gym: 0

personals: depends 80 sometimes less

house/cell phone: don't have a home phone

and any other expenses you can think of: I think that is all we have other then the car (gas) which is 100 - 120 a month

mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• roughly $1550 a month give or take

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• not being rude but thats kind of personal isnt it? i know i know i dont have to answer if i dont want. but really i would never ask anyone that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• um about 2500 to 3000
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• i'm asking because i have always lived with my mother and am thinking about getting my own apartment. i want to know how much i should be prepared to spend as to whether i can afford it or not. there wouldn't be a work and money section if people didn't want to know about budgets and costs.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• you sit down and figure up all of these things for the area where you want to live and how much you make a month.....and also factor in a bout 1/3 to keep as back up reserve for just in case stuff .....like you get sick, car breaks down etc......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• when i added everything up it came out to about 3,500 so I think my calculations were close compared to most families.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2011