HOW DO YOU RESPOND??

WHEN A FRIEND HAS PUT ON SOME WEIGHT, AND ASK YOU "DO I LOOK FAT TO YOU OR CAN YOU NOTICE THAT I'VE GAINED WEIGHT?"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jul. 9, 2008 in General Parenting

• Depends on the friend... sometimes if it is a good friend they can tell by just your face. If it is a not so good friend, then i would lie. Sorry, i'm a big fat liar but I'm not gonna tell my friend she is fat unless I felt it was appropriate, like if she was having health problems.
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 2:52 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I'd tell her the truth however, if she gets offensive about it. I'd tell her that she's the one that asked. And if your willing, ask her to work out with you. It could be fun :) This is what me and my best friend do when we feel like it lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I have a friend who got huge. She didn't ask for my two cents but she did say that she felt a little bigger. My reply was, "What in the hell happened?" SHe went from a 18 to a 12 to like a 20. That's what friends are for.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• It would all depend on how goo of a friend she is and if the answer would offend her or not. If you think she can handle the truth with out hurting her feelings I would tell her in a nice way. Like maybe... yea maybe a lil weight but you still look great!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:25 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• if she's asking, she's noticed. dont lie. just say, yeah, you are more curvy these days. that's it. don't make it into a big deal or a bad thing. it simply is.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 10:56 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• If she asked, tell her the truth. Say it nicely though... "Yeah, you've put on a few pounds, but you still look really good!"
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:35 PM on Jul. 9, 2008