Hard Copy or Ebook?

I have absolutely fallen in love with my Kindle App on my phone. I havent bought a hard copy book since July. I always have a book with me I can increase the font size so I dont need reading glasses I can read in the dark.

My dh doesn't even want to try it, he says he would miss the page turn and the pacing of holding a book the smell and touch is part of it for him.

I don't like that I can't pass a book a long along to a friend, and I get the sensory aspect of reading a book but for me the pros WAY outweigh the cons.

Asked by pammomof9 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I love my e-book. And I thought I wouldn't.

Answer by mompam at 11:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I haven't tried the ebook thing. I prefer holding a book, the turning of the pages, even the smell. I own so many books as it is and I read all the time. I can't stare at a screen for long either because of the strain it puts on my eyes but with a book, I can read for hours before needing a break. Plus I love collecting books.

Answer by NikLvsNick at 11:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Hard copy. I really only read educational books and like to be able to highlight and make notes right in my book... You can't do that with EBooks.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm on the fence with this. Haven't tried the ebook yet though. I think I would love the convenience of the ebook, and all the other pros that go along with it, but I would definitely miss the hard copy(page turning, etc.) I think for me it would be more of a sentimental attachment.

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• ebook...

Answer by AnuMeha at 11:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• i bought a Nook. you can borrow from the library, lend to friends, ect. however, if there is a book i want to buy, i'll buy it on hardcover. like my favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. i own all of his books in hardcover. he is one of those authors i know i'll like, so i just go ahead and buy his new one, no questions asked. other books have to stand out, like if i read one from the library and really really like it, and know i'm going to want to read it again, i'll buy it hardcover.

at first i was like your husband, i was going to miss the turning of the pages, ect. but this thing saves my page, i don't have to search for a bookmark that my kids took, or use a random thing. i can fall asleep while reading it and not have to worry about losing my page. i can bring every book with me in my purse. if it's an educational book, i can highlight something and take notes. there are so many pros to this thing. it saves gas too :)

Answer by armywife43 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• ebook

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:59 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I perfer the real thing, but I am starting to get used to the ebooks

Answer by skittles1108 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• oh and the screen isn't bright, you have to have light, just like a book, to read it. it's so it doesn't strain your eyes.

Answer by armywife43 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Hard copy for me.

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011