So many people before us have made it almost impossible to adopt. Does anyone know of anyone who'd allow us around for a truly open adoption, up to 5 year old, and would be truly open?

Jacob is 14 months old now, and there's so much love and opportunities to share. We have offered open adoption to his first mom, who ignores him most of the time, but we'll always have the door open for her. We are truly open, not just saying it. I won't go through an agency, because I've seen so many lie to young moms. We're home study approved, ready to go! We are getting ready to move, we're just not sure yet, but somewhere around the Atlanta, Georgia area, and presently live in N. Central Arkansas, near Flippin. We're open to visits, phone calls, e-mails, pictures, and you can see the www.myspace.com page, by looking up our e-mail, sizemore@flippinweb.com. For anyone willing to discuss adoption, I'd even sign papers allowing them to pull my credit records in the future, just for the identifying information on them, so even though I have no plans of running like other people, they'd have proof.

Julie Sizemore

sizesmith

Asked by sizesmith at 3:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Adoption

• Your wanting to adopt right? Here in GA, there are lots of kids in the foster care system. You could check in to that. Call the local Department of Family and Children Services when you move and get settled in, they are always looking for "foster to adopt" parents. And it is always good for the kids when you are willing to have a open relationship with their birth families. In "foster to adopt" 75% of the time the birth parents rights have already been terminated they are just looking for the right family for the child(ren).
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 3:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2008