Villalobos Rescue Center/Pit Bulls and Parolees

Hiya y'all. This is a plea for help. I'm not affiliated with Villalobos at all, other than watching the show on Animal Planet.

Tia Maria Torres and crew found a gorgeous place in Tehachapi to move into that would be paradise for her (personal reasons) and all the Pit Bulls she's rescued and is trying to rehome. An incredibly negative woman (I'm not going to name names) started a campaign to block her move and it would up going to a Land Use Action hearing. That hearing was March 10th. After much testimony for and against Tia lost the hearing. Even though the five council members liked what she was for and doing, they could not make an adequate decision without a Environmental Impact Report, so they denied her right to move in as a rescue.

Tia's Pit Bull rescue is the largest in the US and she hires parolees to give the people a second chance at turning their lives around. As she stated in the hearing, "I would never never ever ever ever EVER hire some one that would put you [the residents] or your property in danger". You might have seen the show, Pit Bulls and Parolees, on animal planet. If you have you know what I'm talking about.

I'm asking all y'all to send her support, even if it's well wishes, and if you can think of anyone that MIGHT help her in this fight to move in to start a letter campaign. It has been already suggested to send letters to Ellen DeGeneres , Victoria Stillwell (It's Me or the Dog) and Animal Planet. I'll give contact info upon request. If y'all can think of anyone else PLEASE write to them. If Tia and Villalobos gets shut down, most likely those dogs will be euthanized.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 11:29 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Pets

• That is so sad. I applaud her and what she does for those dogs. She does the best that she can. I love her show and what she's about. I don't know how i can help right now but I'll think of something. She definitely has my support
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 11:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Some people need to be so negative and have no reasoning for it at all. What her husband started and what she continues to do is amazing. There is nothing wrong with what she does. It brings tears to my eyes to know that someone is trying to stop her for what reason...for any reason. I have 3 pitbulls myself that I took in. These are a breed of dog that are over bred and damned from the beginning. So she has my support in any way I can give it for taking these damned, unwanted, mistreated dogs in and training them, feeding them and loving them.
    MariJanesMomma

Answer by MariJanesMomma at 1:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Not trying to stop, HAS stopped. March 10th Tia got a 5-0 against vote to allow her to move into Tehachapi. I'm asking all y'all to help us fans start a letter campaign to anyone and everyone who will listen to help Tia fight this fight.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Sadly, the only support I can give is a bump. :( I rly hope she gets the help she needs. Try Cesar Milan. He's all about the rehabilitation of dogs and a firm believer in "No such thing as a bad breed" and he may be more than willing to help.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2011