Has anyone ever used old wives remedies for anything or do you believe they work?

grammawjo

Asked by grammawjo at 11:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Health

• I have and I believe that they do. I actually refuse to go to a doctor unless I'm dying. I refuse to take prescriptions
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 11:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• When my oldest brother was a baby, he had croup so bad the doctor left saying he could do nothing for him ( this was 75 years ago). My grandmother boiled some onion and spooned the cooled juice down him as much as he could take. He started coughing this line of mucus up in streams. Afterward he was as good as new.
    grammawjo

Comment by grammawjo (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I do...when I was little my mom used to make me drink a tbsp of Apple Cider Viniger every single day HORRID stuff! lol She said it would keep me from getting sick, now I don't know if it actually kept me from getting sick or if I just have a really good immune system but I hardly ever got sick and even to this day I havent been sick in almost 2 years. I give it to my daughter now and she never gets sick either...funny huh? lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:03 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• i TOLD MY DAUGHTERS AND DAUGHTER-IN-LAWS TO always KEEP APPLE CIDER VINEGAR, HONEY AND ONIONS IN THEIR HOUSES.tHEY ARE JUST gOD'S MIRACLE FOODS.
    grammawjo

Comment by grammawjo (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Mar. 15, 2011