Was it hard to go to work after you had your kids?

I just had the twins a week ago so i still have around 5 weeks plus I have to look for one in the new city but i was wondering was it hard to go back? I am going to miss my babies so much. Harmony is a year old and I didn't leave her for anything until she was like 6 months so this is killing me :(

mygirlymonkeys

Asked by mygirlymonkeys at 11:43 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• It was a little hard for me, but I did enjoy getting out of the house for adult time and to feel like I accomplished something. Try focusing on the positives, you can provide more for your children financially and hopefully your daycare is a great learning enviroment for them. They will also have a lot more social time with children outside of their family. The daycare my DD went to was really amazing and the daycare workers were very nurturing and as a new mother I learned a lot from them.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 12:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• well i will be working 3rd so they will either be at home with daddy or at aunt Rylie"s
    mygirlymonkeys

Comment by mygirlymonkeys (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It was hard, especially at first, but once we fell into a routine and I relaxed a bit about having them out of my sight it wasn't so bad.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It was SOOO hard for me- that's mostly what influenced my decision to be a SAHM- I couldn't stand missing out on what my DD was doing while I was gone!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I took my time going back to work. I stayed at home until i felt like i could leave him for a while. I only work part time too.. so i spend most of the day with him.. but when i went back i was ready!
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 4:02 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes. I had every intention of returning to work after my daughter was born. But, once she was here, I realized that I couldn't. I mean, if I HAD to work to survive, I would have had to just do it. But, DH has a decent job, and while we had to make sacrifices, we made it work. We realized that, beside it being best for our child to have me home, that childcare costs would end up being MORE then my income, so it was not worth it for me to return to work. When she was about a year old, I began looking for part time work. Shortly after I began looking, we decided we would be moving in a few mos, and then I found out I was pregnant with my son. So, I did not get a job at that time. I did get a part time job a few months before he turned 2, and I was making pretty decent money, for someone who hadn't worked in years. That job ended up not working out, and I eventually got a job at a supermarket, which is where I am now.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:19 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I went back to work when my DS was 4 weeks old. My job was simple enough and it was only three days a week. Plus my mom was watching him, and my job was a 5 minute walk from my house. So for me, it was pretty easy.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:50 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• daycare wouldn't phase me because the kids would be with daddy or my friend. My husband make good money and it isn't like we need me to work I was just going to so I could get experance in the CNA field since I just got my certification
    mygirlymonkeys

Comment by mygirlymonkeys (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Mar. 15, 2011