How to get started couponing.

I am looking to get started couponing but am not really sure where to start. Right now we don't have a working printer so I can't print coupons out but I am going to buy the paper tomorrow. Any suggestions from you more experienced moms would be great!!!
Thanks so much !
Ashley

sagesmom724

Asked by sagesmom724 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Just clip the coupons for products that you use. Even if you use a generic of that same type of product b/c it may go on sale and be cheaper than the one that you use with the coupon. I don't know about your area but some places have double and triple coupon days. We don't have that here. Just make sure that you make good use of your coupons. Also remember that b/c you cut it doesn't mean that you have to use it. I also use my coupons on bogo items as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I clip the ones that I know I will use. I look at my store's flyer every week and try to match up coupons to the products and that is how I make up our menu for the week usually. I also keep a binder. I have sleeves in it that you use for baseball cards and that is how I store my coupons. I take it with me to the store so is I see a product on sale and I know I have a coupons I can get it (they don't put all the sales in the flyers). The website, couponmom.com, I believe is one that matches up the coupons to the sales going on. You just put in your store. But it only works for big, chain stores. My main grocery store is a smaller chain so it isn't listed but perhaps that would be useful to you.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 1:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Check out Crazy Coupon Lady, her site is full of ways to get started.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• you just do it first look in your free weekly paper the Sunday paper and so on here are also online coupons like if there is certain stores you normally shop at go to there websites and look up deals sign up for their newsletters
    -ivannabitch-

Answer by -ivannabitch- at 12:39 AM on Mar. 13, 2011