Stay at home moms?

HELP I'm going crazy! I was by no means meant to stay at home with my kiddo allll daaayyy! And since we are on the road 90 percent of the time, I'm in forgien places all the time.. this time is NY in a couple weeks it will be AZ and then in a few months it is unknown.. hopefully my SO can get the I'm staying put job in chestnut flatts that is very near his home base of some where PA lol. Anyway how do you deal with staying home all the time with your babes? And never ever ever having any away from your babes and SO/DH.. ugh what do i do??

spitfire06

Asked by spitfire06 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i'm a SAHM but, i work PT at a childrens clothing store maybe at the most once every 2 weeks.

it's so hard being home 24/7, i have a 3 year old & NO friends & i mean NO friends. so it's hard with no girlfriends to lean on & talk to for support.

basically i just try to find sanity in my S/O & it also gets a little easier when any cute little thing your kid does makes you laugh & the stress (atleast for that moment) melts away...

i basically find solice on my computer & TV when my daughter is asleep or playing to give me a break.
    ZoeyMariah.

Answer by ZoeyMariah. at 12:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It was a commitment I made to them when I found out I was pregnant. I promised to love, protect, and be there for our children . I wanted them to start out on a solid foundation before they go out into the world. They are all 3 on school now, so now I get my time when they're not home during the day. Although I still help out at school, and I'm able to take them to the Dr, dentist, etc. I'm so thankful I haven't missed anything, all of their firsts.. I'm also thankful we can afford for me to be home with them. We wouldn't have it any other way.
    I don't look at it as something that's for me, it's for them, and I would do the baby days all over again...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I, myself, enjoy being a SAHM and spending quality time with my Son 24/7. I have never once complained about it, because there isn't a thing to complain about! I am very Privileged and Blessed to be with Him all day, every day..I don't miss a single moment, first, or milestone..and I get to spend every minute of each day with THE perfect Child. I feel as though I have contributed a bit to His amazingness (though it comes naturally for Him, of course), as I am the one who has taught Him nearly everything He knows. I love teaching Him everything He needs to know and about life in general. I couldn't be happier! I also couldn't work outside of the home, at least not until my Son is in school..it's just not something that would work for my Family, anyway. My Husband and I agreed on this before Our Son was even Born. I am so grateful that my Husband has such a good job, or We wouldn't be able to afford to live on one income.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• So MrsLeflane you got to choose to stay at home with them right off the bat and didn't have to go to work right away...that is so lucky! But my steps have been very different from yours.. I got to stay home with DD for the first year of her life, and then had to go to work full time (which right away meant two jobs) because my ex and i broke up, he turned into a dead beat cheating POS.
    Anyway I get to stay home again, and it is a HUGE change.. one that You probably wouldnt understand..lol I miss other people to talk to etc.
    spitfire06

Comment by spitfire06 (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I am a stay at home mom and girls are ages 9,7 and 6. I love it since had bad bosses with last two jobs. I keep busy with chores doing the day while at school but I am here if they need me. I go out once a week to shop and my only day out. Some people are made to be stay at home moms and others its not for them. Have to do what is right for you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm a SAHM and before we started homeschooling I taught so that I could be home with the kids when they were home. Now I have found a niche to work from home doing things I love and still have time for the kids. When the girls were smaller I did stay home with them then too. I loved being able to work with them at home (doing preschool kinds of things), going to the library, playing at the park, that kind of thing. I really enjoy kids, and I think I am blessed beyond belief to be able to stay home with our girls.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2011