What other sweet name can I call my stepdaughter other than "step"daughter?

Her dad and I are divorced. She has been with me since she was 1. She is 16 today!

bit16

Asked by bit16 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Does she like you ? ... I only ask because I know alot of stepkids that hate their step parent.\

If she does in fact like you, you need to choose a name thats not babyish.
    I call my 17 y/o Kami girl because her name is Kammisi ...... SO . ask her? :)
    Anonymous

• Awe! That is wonderful to hear that you are still involved in her life :) I would just call her your daughter, she pretty much is :) happy birthday to her! 16 years old was such an exciting age.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• babooska
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• She and I are very close. I see her each week. Yes, I can say she likes me. She also has a wonderful relationship with her mom. Thank you Lord! We are in situations that sometimes I am introducing her and her mom is right there also. I often call her my her middle name. Especially at athletic events because I know she will hear me! I was just trying to come up with something to use in the introduction other than "step" daughter.
    Thank you all for the answers.... very thoughtful. I love the babooska. I'm going to use that at some point.
    bit16

Comment by bit16 (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• sweetheart is what I call my girls.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 12:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Im sure daughter would work just as well :)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• daughter ,sweetie :) glad you have a great relationship with your step daughter that is awesome
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ask her what she wants to be called. It is awesome that you still have such a good relationship with her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think a great name for a step-child is "bonus child".
    KOR537

Answer by KOR537 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My son's ex-gf had a baby when they got together and then they had a son together. They were together for about 1 1/2 years and in that time I fell in love with her older son who I never treated differently than my biological grandson. I call him my "heart grandson". He's not biologically ours and his mom and my son are no longer together but I have known him since he was 5 mos. old and he's now 6 years old and he will always be our grandson (which his mom is fine with, he doesn't have his paternal grandparents in the picture and calls my son dad still). So...I would go with "heart daughter"....meaning that she is your daughter in your heart.
    Anonymous