Giving my 2 year old a bath

Okay, so, this never was a problem before...but my 2 year old never, ever, ever wants to take a bath.
She flips the hell out...and I'm like "look stink-pot...you're taking one". I feel awful for forcing it on her, but, don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

I've done toys, cups, ect...

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What bothers her just gewtting in the water? Or is it washing her hair?

Answer by louise2 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• all the above.
    Once I put her in the bath tub, she's okay for a bit, then when I touch her hair, she'll freak out.
    Chloesmom1126

Comment by Chloesmom1126 (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• try a bubble bath, or taking a shower/bath WITH her.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:21 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• NO bubble bath for girls, it can irritate their privates.

Don't let the water go on her face when washing, most kids do not like that. They sell a something a Kids r us for this, it a pitcher with a soft side that go on their forehead and it will keep the water of their face.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Just force her do it, eventually this phased will pass. All 3 of mine went through it, and they all got over it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:34 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• my step daughter was the same way. fine getting in..and then she would get more than her feet wet and flip the hell out..and her hair was even worse..

so i let her do it by her self..gave her a cup and said ok now dump it on ur head..and made it a game..teach her to bathe herself

if that still doesnt do it..then your just gonna have to force her..it will pass
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:40 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My son is the same way with freaking out when I touch his hair. I've tried the soft-sided hair pitcher (I found mine at Target, and works great on my younger daughter), but he starts with the freaking out as soon as he sees me putting water in anything that could be used to pour it over his head. The best solution for us has been for me to use a washcloth to wipe the soap out of his hair, so to speak. He's ok with that, as long as it doesn't drip in his face.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• bubble baths for girls are fine, just as long as they aren't all the time. maybe take a bath with her? or try a shower, just move the head so the water is hitting the wall
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:05 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Taking a bath with her is a really good idea. It might help her. My sisters little girl did the same and my sister didn't know why until she cought her older sister splashing water in her face, and thats why she would cry.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• my ds went through a phase once, then it passed. Now I can't get him out till he's pruny.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 16, 2011