Ever grilled asparagus?? Any tips?

:)

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 1:37 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Could grill it in an open foil "dish" or carefully on the grill itself (assuming you're using a charcoal/gas grill and not a foreman)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, omg so good!
    We put it in a foil pouch with lemon juice and they came out amazing. I wish I had the directions, my hubby cooked them but they didn't take that long and you can season it any way you want. We decided to just use lemon.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:41 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I precooked bacon in the microwave for a minute to minute and a half, wrap around fresh asparagus (spiral like) then grill.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 1:44 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I did it on a cookie sheet. It was okay - DH loves asparagus but wasn't fond of it on the grill, I'm not fond of asparagus, period, and thought it was okay. I just laid it in a single layer on the sheet, drizzled on a little olive oil, some s&p, and grilled.
    Anonymous

• We just use it directly on the grill, obviously make sure it's across the grate so it doesn't fall through. Before you put them on, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper. The oil will keep it from sticking and add to the flavor.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We toss ours in Olive Oil and a touch of salt, then put the stems it directly on the grill while having the more fragile tops on a a thin piece of tin foil. The last min or so we take the tin foil off so the tops can crisp a little with out getting burned.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, omg so good  We put it in a foil pouch with lemon juice and they came out amazing; you can google it for the recipe I don't have one that I follow but am sure you can find one

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• We put it directly on the grill and just dust with some citrus seasoning.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011