Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

My son's father is driving me crazy as far as him thinking that I'm supposed to be with him because we have a kid together but I don't love him never have and he's buying things for his son who is 6 years old just to get some booty from me and I don't play that,I'm not crazy about letting our son spend time with him because he feels like I owe him something,What can I do about this situation?


Asked by momuv2933 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 4 (42 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (12)
  • tell him to go F*ck

    My youngest sons father is that way. kinda. he thinks that since we had him..and we were together a year that we owe it to our son to be together..his logic is really screwed up for multipule reasons..A. he has 2 other kids with his ex wife whom he was with 5 years..and I have an older son.

    I loved him..I truly did but after all the BS we went threw I fell outta it..and kinda fell in love with someone else.

    Take him to court..and figure out custody and visitations. make it clear to him that You owe him NOTHING. that he Has a Responsibility to be in his Childs life..and if hes only donig it to get back with you..then he can walk away now because thats not going to happen. good luck

    Answer by SweetPoison at 1:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • I would contact an attorney at have some custody papers drawn up. Then abide by those papers as far as custody. Stop answering his calls, because your contact will be limited to visitation and that's it.

    Answer by m-avi at 1:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • If he's paying child support, he gets regular visitation times, right? Keep it to that. If he wants booty, just tell him no. You don't owe him anything. He owes you. Almost sounds like harrassment.

    Answer by Kimimale at 2:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • Set up a place and time to pick up and drop off the kid also like pp have limited contact with him.

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • why don't you just have a mature adult conversation with him, tell him you don't have feelings toward him and that the only reason you two need to talk is about your son. if he wants to start hitting on you, hang up.

    Answer by tnm786 at 2:07 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • My dd dad was the same way. He told me that he couldn't be a dad unless we were togeather, but I felt the same way you do. So I told him he could be a dad or not. His only concean should be his kid. He choose not to be a dad.

    Answer by Kimberly71682 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • I agree with the ladies tell you to just go to court. That court order will lay out exactly the rights and responsibilities of each party and you don't have to do anything more than what that says nor can he guilt you into thinking he's entitled to more.

    Answer by kayslay at 2:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • You DO owe it to your child to TRY to have a relationship with his father, but you DID try (or so it seems) and it didn't work. Tell him that, and yes, have custody and visitation paperwork drawn up.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • UMMMM IF thats all he wants from YOU id tell him to get the eff away from me, just pay child support and little visits with the son here and there and say bye to him!

    Answer by ashleyxo8 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

  • My brother was forced in a situation like this. He and his gf got pregnant and they got married because "it was the right thing to do". Little did we know he was marrying a loony toon character. They separated after a couple months of marriage and divorced quickly after that. It was not pretty. Tell your ex that if he wants booty then hire a hooker. You do not have to be his source of "entertainment". Just keep the agreement you have in place, whether it's word of mouth or court ordered. Eventually, he may get it.


    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011