Does it make you mad to see people smoking in a car with kids in it?

Today my family and I were leaving a resturant and got behind this old couple who were smoking while they had a kid in the car. It is not the first time that I seen this and it just pisses me off to no end. I mean come on people use commen since and not make your kids suffer from second hand smoke!! Is it just to much to ask that people NOT smoke around there kids. It also makes me upset to go around some kid and smell smoke on them because there parents smoke in the house.
I think that if you are going to smoke then smoke somewhere were it will not effect the kids in anyway.
UGH just pisses me off.

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• frustratedIt makes me angry when anyone smokes anytime! I have lost too many loved ones to cancer and I have friends that are battling breast cancer now.

Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 12:56 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• not my business
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It is none of my business what people do in the privacy of their car. Isn't it funny how we use this argument to allow things for which we approve? It is no more dangerous for parents to smoke with children in the car than it is for them to talk on their cell phones or text with children in the car. How many times have you seen that today? I don't do any of those things, but I certainly do not feel it is my place to tell others that they can't do them. Be warned! What is happening in our country today is that slowly but surely every right that we have is being taken away. One of these days, it will come to something that you hold dear and then you will see the light. Best to let others enjoy the freedoms they enjoy so that you can enjoy the ones you like!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I smoke in my car on long trips with the windows down! If you think you are perfect then please cast the first stone at me! do not smoke in my home, or in public, but if I want one in MY car I wil! Im glad that you have so little issues that you can judge others..... what if I judge you for bein such an intolerant person! Then you would have something good to bitch abot!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:07 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• ive never seen it with my own eyes, but i know it does happen. i wouldnt be pissed if i saw it, i would think to myself that the person smoking is obviously ignorant about the risks of second hand smoke, selfish, and i would feel sorry for the child. that being said though my parents smoked in the car when i was a kid and i grew up fine. now that there is proper evidence supporting second hand smoke though, they do not smoke in the car if my kids are in it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:58 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• OMG YES!!!! my parents did that soooo gross! in the house too
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 1:59 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes, it's completely offensive, abusive, disgusting, pollution, rude, and I'd have to say very very sad. Health is only as good as the air breathed in. It's really bad to know that even that is a right that children have taken from them, we aren't living in the early 30's and 40's when some though cigarettes to be totally safe. If a child has already got asthma or bronchial trouble, .... bad.
    coffeeyum

Answer by coffeeyum at 7:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I live in San Diego and I think it is illegal to smoke with young kids (I think under 5) in the car.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yep, pisses me off too. Unfortunately not much you can do about it, other than bitching the parents out.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• YES. My husband smokes, and he has NEVER smoked in the car when our son is in it. Nor does he smoke in the house! He knows better LOL
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011