Does anyone ever have a clean house?

How do you manage to keep a whole house clean? I'll get a few rooms clean, when I'm motivated & have time, but to keep every room clean almost seems impossible! We have a 2 story house. I tend to get detailed & clean/dust every little thing in the rooms, otherwise, I don't feel it's a clean room, & obviously, that takes more time. I think I'm going to do a quickie clean, then I always notice something else. Sometimes I feel so unorganized!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• We have a two story house too and there are days when I'm overly motivated and get the whole house done (with the exception of the basement lol) and the kid's rooms because that's they're responsibility. Other days, I'm just like, "I'll get to it tomorrow" lol. So, I hear ya because I've done and do do the same things at times!

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• lol I have an 820 sq ft apartment and it has been almost a year since it the entire thing has actually been clean all at the same time LOL. I dont stress it. I have a baby and a busy lifestyle. As long as the kitchen and bathroom are clean and the floor is vaccuumed I dont really stress the rest
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• The short answer is "no". Lol. I would say I have an average sized house...kitchen, laundry room, living room, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, one hall...and if one room a day is really truly deep down clean, I'm doing good. The rest is a struggle to even keep picked up and vacuumed. I suppose if a room a day gets done, it cant be holding too much "filth"...just clutter.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• No for me too! It's really hard to keep it clean. It doesn't help that DH's nickname is "Pigpen" like in Charlie Brown. He comes through a room and it is instantly a mess! I have to make sure Friday's I clean the whole house as best I can because he'll be home all weekend making messes! To be fair he is often working on projects, fixing things, or cooking when he makes the messes. He's not just a pig or anything like that. Still, it's hard to keep up with him!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• We have a 3 level split (4bed/2 bath) I clean everyday so that it stays done. As soon as I get up, I get dressed, make my bed, gather all the dirty laundry in the master and 2 little ones' rooms, straighten the bathroom and just work my way down, taking the dirty laundry with me. I make sure the kitchen is cleaned, swept and mopped every night, dishwasher ran and vacuum everything every night so that it's all ready clean in the morning. Before naps, we clean up all the books and toys so it's clean for when they get up and then it's all cleaned up again before bed so I can vacuum and have it all ready for the next day. I think it's much less work to do it this way and if you don't feel like doing anything one day, it doesn't matter to let it go a day. Plus if you're like me and you have people just pop over unexpected, you don't have to worry about it.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I neglect dusting my blinds.cleaning all the baseboards,washing the inside and outside of windows,I clean out my cupboards only twice a year,and clean my fridge out once a month with kids it alwasy seems so messy nothing is where it should be my kids are 13 11 10 7 so they are just as messy and I alwasy have to remind them with a menacing look that this house shouldnt be so damned messy all the time! For once I would like a weekend that I only have to do MINOR things like dishes not spend all day scrubbing... grrrrrr (amp) But I do keep things picked up and laundry is alwasy washed just sitting in a BIG heap! LOL O a womans work is never done!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• The only time my whole house is clean is when we have company coming into town. Even then, there's still stuff hidden away somewhere! I don't think my house is dirty, just quite cluttered. We have a storage problem and waaaay too many toys!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Try Flylady.com - in just 20 minutes a day you can avoid CHAOS (Can't have anyone over syndrome) Babysteps - step back and take a deep breath :)
    Nique
    Luvmycolliesx2

Answer by Luvmycolliesx2 at 3:24 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i wouldn't if it weren't for my husband... it's a never-ending battle.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• my house always LOOKS clean lol! i save the detailed cleaning (base boards, dusting, windows, ect...) for the weekends!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 5:25 PM on Nov. 24, 2008