Pulled pork??

If I start a 5lb pork roast in the oven at 1pm at 300 would it be done by 6:30? I am making pulled pork so i want it to be really moist. What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• It should be - did you brine it or marinate it first?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:54 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I normally start my roasts no later than 12. I cook them at 350 and to keep it nice and moist add some water about halfway up the pan. Put foil on top and just keep a good eye on it. I would say it would be ready by 6 or 6:30...when it is falling apart, It is perfect :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It sounds great.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 2:57 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I just pop mine in the crock pot on high until it's cooked through, and set it to low the rest of the day. By the time dinner rolls around then it's fall apart goodness lol I hate the heat of the oven!
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 3:01 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I don't think it will be, even if it is according to the temp, it won't be done enough to shred easily.
    Anonymous

• you can always go online and goole it according to pounds and the such and it should tell you how long

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Well I looked it up online and it says it only needs to be cooked 20 mins per pound...so that would be an hour and 40 mins so if i am cooking it for 4 hours i think it will be fine! *i hope i hope i hope* :)

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2011