Back pain?

I'm having back pain on my upper back right above my ribs. I'm only about 6 weeks pregnant and I don't remember feeling this until Iwas about 8 months pregnant but it's here and I don't know how to heal it. My husband has rubbed it a little and it goes away but then comes back. Is there anything I can do to make it go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you have any other medical issues going on? Such as a cough, problems urinating? Could you have pulled a muscle?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I have asthma, could that have strained my back muscles?
    Anonymous

• If you have been coughing then yes. If it continues then I would go see your regular MD, it doesn't sound like an issue with the pregnancy and probably your pain is just coincidental. Since rubbing your back seems to ease your pain it sounds like a muscle issue more than anything. Have you tried taking Tylenol? Of course call your OB before taking any OTC meds.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 3:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Indeed could have hon...

I would ask the doc monday, thats no harm done in that,

Anonymous

• I think the pain is mere coincidence with the pregnancy. If it feels better when you rub it, it is probably muscle strain or pull. The other option is that it associated with nerves (which run all throughout your body).

Ice it when you can, and apply heat as well.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008