Bad diaper rash!HELP!

My son is 17 months. He's had a bit of a rash for about a week, and it looked like it was getting better. We've been using A&D almost every diaper change. I just changed his diaper after his nap, and its BAD again, to the point its bleeding in places. We can't go to the dr until monday so can anyone suggest something to help until then?

KWnavywife

Asked by KWnavywife at 3:10 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I only use bordoux (sp?) butt paste, sold at any walmart etc,, its great, i'd also change him like crazy and be sure he drinks alot of water it will dilute his pee so it wont burn him as much. My son is 10mths and went through the same thing then bam gone.. good luck
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• try a little honey or make a past of cornstarch and water! hope you find something that helps!
    MomofJJS

Answer by MomofJJS at 3:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I had the same thing happen with 2 of my girls. It would bleed so bad & i just felt sooo bad for them. Turned out something i was giving them was causing it. Such as acidic foods were making it worse. I would use A&D with a little baby powder which helped a lot. Also i would let them go without a diaper for a little while to air it out.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 3:26 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I always used baby powder with cornstarch in it.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 3:45 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• He's "airing out" right now. We are in a "remote" location (key west) so our options are limited. I'm gonna try corn starch and we'll see.
    KWnavywife

Comment by KWnavywife (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I would use the hair dryer to dry their butts (w/ a cool setting on it) and then also use babypowder w/ cornstarch in it when you put the diaper back on :)
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 4:11 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I personally loved the a&d ointment it always worked so well with my daughter, but i your case i would still use the ointment with each changing and maybe some cornstarch in the diaper as well to help soak up any urine. hope this helps
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I put Paladin on my kids diaper rashes. It works so good that by the next diaper change the diaper rash is almost gone. You can only get this diaper rash ointment online cause I haven't seen it in any stores where I live.
    momoftwins250

Answer by momoftwins250 at 12:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2011