Ramen Noodles...?

Do you ever use raman noodles in a recipe?
And...have you ever eaten it un-cooked? Un-cooked seems to be a fad right now among the young adults at my daughters college.
Just wondering if ya'll had other uses for this cheap food stuff, lol!

Leezah

Asked by Leezah at 3:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I haven't had them in many years, but yum!

I ate them uncooked too.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I don't use them in recipes, but I love to eat them :) Some of my friends used to eat them uncooked, but I think its nasty that way. To salty and to crucnhy. Although I always eat the stragglers in the bottom of the bag.
    rachelv817

Answer by rachelv817 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• my daughter eats them uncooked
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:14 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have made it without leaving water in it i drain the water and add a little butter and love it. Also have added shrimp and chicken to it. Have lots of sodium so can't make it a habit but its good in a pinch. Never ever heard of eating it uncooked,, yuck..lol Also, my SO is Spanish and he adds an egg right before he takes it out. Says that what they always did? He loves it..
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 3:16 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Beef Ramen, Drained noodles, stir fry veggies, meat of choice....Hoisan and Soy Sauces mixed with the powdered seasoning... My fam loves it.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:22 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Traditional ramen is made without the pouch, and there are tons of different ways to make it. You can use the packages, but they are the same as just eating a block of water softener salt.  This is an idea of what it should look like:

http://www.bob-an.com/recipe/dailyjc/ref/ramen/ramen.html

You can get the noodles separately - look for Chinese wheat noodles (usually called la mian or lo mein) and if you have an Asian market anywhere near you, they'll be just as cheap, if not cheaper, than the grocery store ramen without the deadly dose of salt.

They come in balls like this:

http://www.tarladalal.com/glossary/ing/wheat%20noodles.jpg

Or flat lumps like in top ramen.  There's a bunch of ways to use them.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:36 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Uncooked, they are great in napa valley cabbage salad! My DD likes to eat the broken peices uncooked if I make her a package. I don't think they're bad uncooked, kind of like kettle chips. We don't eat them often though.
    Anonymous

• I use to cook them and then add chunk chicken and canned veggies to make a chicken noodle soup. I use to eat them uncooked and my daughter does too. We dont cook them for the time it recommends either. She likes the crunch =)
    flcouple7577

Answer by flcouple7577 at 4:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• NO i cant stand those noodles. They have a smell to me i just cant stand. But i must admit, I ate them to much when I was younger. My kids love them. The eat them cooked, they eat them raw, They eat them cook with smoked sausage, They want me to cokk them and add steamed chicken, beef, and shrimp. And sometimes they like a boild egg in them and slice the egg into circles and lay it on top.
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I buy an organic version on occasion; I avoid buying toxic foods like this.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Mar. 12, 2011