Having a hard day and feeling guilty for needing SOs help!!

My 1 1/2 yr old is sick. she woke me up at 1am puking and didnt get back to sleep until 3am. then at 7am my 2yr old woke up for the day. also my 6 month old is teething. normally my SO, and yes their father, helps. (a little but still helps) well his dad is in the hospital in icu in a medical induced coma and cant breath on his own. we live 5 mins from the hospital and I want him to be able to be there as much as possible but with barely any sleep and two babies that are whiny constantly I feel guilty about asking him to come home occasionally. what would you do?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 3:24 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would suck it up and deal. His father is in a coma and you have 2 sick whiny kids. I know you feel like you need him to be 2 people but I think he needs to be there for his father. Your kids will feel better in a few days and you don't know if his father will make it. I hope your little ones feel better soon and I hope things improve with his father.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:27 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• With kids that close in age i feel for you..lol I can't imagine. honestly, I dont think i could call my SO, only in this case and only because his dad is so serious it would be terrible if God for bid something happened to his dad you would feel bad knowing you called him home cause you were tired. you know whats right for you. You do what you need to. You should get a "Mom burst" of energy soon that should last you a bit or just put in a movie for the kiddies lay out blankets and call it movie time, something to occupy them a bit to give you a minute to relax. Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Is there anyone else around like a friend or your mom or someone who could help you out instead?
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 3:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• There is nothing wrong for needing his help. We all have days like that. You need to have a lazy day. Don't worry about laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, or anything else that might look like cleaning. Just be with your kids as much as you can. Sit on the couch or floor with them. Lie in the bed and watch tv with them. Make light meals. Even if you have to wait until tomorrow to do so, have a lazy day. I'm sorry that your family is having a rough time. I hope things get better for you, they never get easier. Good luck.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:43 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Wow, I just had a flashback to 2003 when my fil died. I had a 5mo, 18mo and a 2 1/2yo and was stuck alone at my in-laws' house without any transportation while the rest of the family was 75 miles away with my fil (he had a stroke). I had the worlds worst sinus infection and was in so much pain (it was pressing on my ear so I thought I had an ear infection). The kids were all hyped up being in an unfamiliar place, weren't sleeping at all. There was almost no food in the house and I couldn't go anywhere without a car. It was insane and exhausting and there was no one to help me. My husband drive the 75 miles back every night and then would get up early and drive back (me and the kids went to the hospital every other day or so). Just take it easy and forget about everything other than the kids (diapers, feedings, etc) and just watch TV or movies and relax.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011