What do you do when you can not afford to get divorced?

I feel like I may be stuck married forever! We are seperated but still married!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Start saving any little bit you can to put away in a divorce fund. I have a friend who has been with a guy for over 5 years and he still isn't divorced. He is saving a little each day until he has the funds to file so that she can be served. She refuses to fill out the paperwork so it will cost more to have it delivered to her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• You sit down and mediate, draw up the terms of your divorce, and then go to court. It costs about $300
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:31 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Its hard. I only had to be sep for 6 months but bc it was so expensive to get a divorce we had to stay married for almost a year. (while living apart) I wrote our sep papers and made it so that we could live our lives as if we were single with out any consequences and we had it notarized. There are documents and stuff online to file your own divorce that way you dont need a lawyer as long as its uncontested. You can also ask around there may be lawyers around the area that accept payments towards everything. I wish I could help you more. Good luck and keep your head up and stay strong!
    annabelle092810

Answer by annabelle092810 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• well maybe just stick to being seperated until you guys figure out it is what you want for sure. You will have to find somebody that is willing to accept you are married and because of your reasons, you cant get divorced, if they stick it out with you and believe you, they might help out with paying for the divorce. Depends how much they will love you
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No fault divorces should be cheap. Is he fighting it?
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 3:48 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• For a no fault,u have to be separated for at least one year! They r not cheap!! They cost over $500!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:00 PM on Mar. 12, 2011